How long does the Malcolm Cater ? stay out there for the kid? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How long does the Malcolm Cater ? stay out there for the kid?

But Borno what if he came back led the team in tackles became class president and team captain went onto finish his degree at NH became all pro in the NFL dontated millions back to cuse because he was so appreciative landed a job with ESPN which led to his Senate run in NY, Gave the commencement address was hand picked to take over for the wee one when she retired went back into politics after leading Syracuse for 10 years and became President!! Dont you see Borno it isnt just because he is a talented LB no it is because this is his destiny!
Damn KC i can't argue with that. Get the waiver filled out now and get him in!

Damn KC i can't argue with that. Get the waiver filled out now and get him in!
Stony Brook here he comes!! I wish the kid well but have to agree with you he needs a fresh start at a new school i just hope that takes advantage of this chance and does well in life.

Think of it this way. If I robbed a house on Ostrom, and got convicted of a felony, I will be expelled and never allowed to complete my degree at Syracuse. Why does Cater deserve that chance? Because he is a promising football player?

Whether Cater 'deserves' a second chance is obviously debatable. But of course the typical student is going to be treated differently than a potentially football star. The football player may help to bring in millions for the school.

That's not football, it's just life. Talented actors, directors, traders, salespeople, creative talent, managers, etc all get longer leashes and more second chances than Joe Average.

Wow.

Is that a 'Wow' thank you Capt. Obvious or a 'Wow' you're crazy?

Again, I'll come back to your quote.

Think of it this way. If I robbed a house on Ostrom, and got convicted of a felony, I will be expelled and never allowed to complete my degree at Syracuse. Why does Cater deserve that chance? Because he is a promising football player?

Would Cater have been accepted at Syracuse U. if he wasn't a promising football player? Probably not. Special treatment started on day one. The question is where does Syracuse draw the line? A question up for debate.

I wish Cater well and hope he turns his life around... at another program.