How long does the Malcolm Cater ? stay out there for the kid? | Syracusefan.com

How long does the Malcolm Cater ? stay out there for the kid?

CaliCuse

All American
Drs Gross and Canto can snap a finger and make the decision with Doug's input having importance to be sure. If they are going the way of Congress ,it never gets addressed.couchburn

It seems to me that the process would go as such:

1. Cater asks Marrone to come back
2. If DM says yes, he goes to Gross for approval
3. If DG approves, he goes to Cantor for approval
4. If Cantor is amenable, I imagine there are judicial board issues that would need to be cleared.

Screw #4 Way too much power to go beyond #3.This doesn't need to b a Supreme Courtdecision with written opinions and internal debate that goes on for months.Do the right thing and get on with the duties in front of you/them.:blah:

4. If Cantor is amenable, I imagine there are judicial board issues that would need to be cleared.[/quote]

Screw #4 Way too much power to go beyond #3.This doesn't need to b a Supreme Courtdecision with written opinions and internal debate that goes on for months.Do the right thing and get on with the duties in front of you/them.:blah:

4. If Cantor is amenable, I imagine there are judicial board issues that would need to be cleared.
"Screw #4"? Really?

I imagine there are a bunch of former students who were refused re-admission who would start asking questions... as would other current students.

1-3 are required to even consider whether 4 would be worth the effort.
Based on the Colt Brennan precedent, I really doubt we'll see Malcolm back in Orange.
Methinks HCDM will advise him accordingly and help him find another opportunity.

It seems to me that the process would go as such:

The first question is are his convictions sealed or on his record. If on his record, does SU take felons. If no, end of story.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

he stole his QB's tv. #1 should be asking nassib if he wants him back on the team. #2 should be letting the team vote.

he stole his QB's tv. #1 should be asking nassib if he wants him back on the team. #2 should be letting the team vote.
If you mean after Marrone/Gross/Cantor considered it then fine.

He shouldn't get a second chance here.

I remember an interview Steve Spurier did a while ago. He was getting a lot of slack for giving some guys second chances in his program. I don't remember his exact words but he basiclly said he factors in his decision where the kid will end up if he cuts him. If the kid has no support back home and will end up on the street, then he will take that into account in his decision.

Cater did a very bad thing and he probabley will not get a second chance with the Cuse, but i hope Marrone and Gross see this as a football family issue and give him at least a look. After all, if your son or daughter did a crime like this, you might get mad and kick them out of the house, but would you never talk to him/her again?

I remember an interview Steve Spurier did a while ago. He was getting a lot of slack for giving some guys second chances in his program. I don't remember his exact words but he basiclly said he factors in his decision where the kid will end up if he cuts him. If the kid has no support back home and will end up on the street, then he will take that into account in his decision.

Cater did a very bad thing and he probabley will not get a second chance with the Cuse, but i hope Marrone and Gross see this as a football family issue and give him at least a look. After all, if your son or daughter did a crime like this, you might get mad and kick them out of the house, but would you never talk to him/her again?
Think of it this way. If I robbed a house on Ostrom, and got convicted of a felony, I will be expelled and never allowed to complete my degree at Syracuse. Why does Cater deserve that chance? Because he is a promising football player?

I know that's everyone's underlying excuse here whether they admit it or not. I didn't see anyone clamoring to give Jonny Miller a second chance. If we were talking about Steven Rene would people be this supportive to Cater? I'm sure the answer is a resounding no.

I think this is a pretty valid point what happens to him if he does not get a second chance? The kid comes from such a up background that he will be on the streets and either dead or in jail by 25. He has been isolated from his negative influences in shock camp, there is an opportunity for this kid to turn his life around in a structured setting. Another factor to consider is he has a child if Malcolm fails at getting his stuff together that kid is doomed to most likely following in his father's footsteps. If you allow him to come back and keep him on the right path the kid might have a chance assuming Malcolm takes advantage of his opportunities.

I think this is a pretty valid point what happens to him if he does not get a second chance? The kid comes from such a ****** up background that he will be on the streets and either dead or in jail by 25. He has been isolated from his negative influences in shock camp, there is an opportunity for this kid to turn his life around in a structured setting. Another factor to consider is he has a child if Malcolm fails at getting his stuff together that kid is doomed to most likely following in his father's footsteps. If you allow him to come back and keep him on the right path the kid might have a chance assuming Malcolm takes advantage of his opportunities.
Or he can go to a D-1AA School in another state to get away from it all and still be successful. I don't get why everyone thinks it has to be at SU?

Let him go play for a lower level school and maybe he can get drafted like numerous others before him.

Also this is like his 3rd chance. Apparently going from a juvie home to Syracuse wasn't a good enough transition for him to decide to change his ways.

Think of it this way. If I robbed a house on Ostrom, and got convicted of a felony, I will be expelled and never allowed to complete my degree at Syracuse. Why does Cater deserve that chance? Because he is a promising football player?

I know that's everyone's underlying excuse here whether they admit it or not. I didn't see anyone clamoring to give Jonny Miller a second chance. If we were talking about Steven Rene would people be this supportive to Cater? I'm sure the answer is a resounding no.
Bingo!

Bingo!
On top of that, has everyone already forgot last season?!?! Weren't there rumblings about bad chemistry and friction between players? Bringing back the guy who robbed the starting QB probably wouldn't help that situation.

On top of that, has everyone already forgot last season?!?! Weren't there rumblings about bad chemistry and friction between players? Bringing back the guy who robbed the starting QB probably wouldn't help that situation.
there will always be rumblings of bad chemistry and friction when a team loses their last 5 games. There was none of that after the WVU win...

How do you know that? You're just running your mouth. But, this is a chat board I guess.

Drs Gross and Canto can snap a finger and make the decision with Doug's input having importance to be sure. If they are going the way of Congress ,it never gets addressed.couchburn

Don't hold your breath.

Whether Cater 'deserves' a second chance is obviously debatable. But of course the typical student is going to be treated differently than a potentially football star. The football player may help to bring in millions for the school.

That's not football, it's just life. Talented actors, directors, traders, salespeople, creative talent, managers, etc all get longer leashes and more second chances than Joe Average.

Whether Cater 'deserves' a second chance is obviously debatable. But of course the typical student is going to be treated differently than a potentially football star. The football player may help to bring in millions for the school.

That's not football, it's just life. Talented actors, directors, traders, salespeople, creative talent, managers, etc all get longer leashes and more second chances than Joe Average.
I agree talented "actors directors producer and WRITERS , ( MY SON?) Yes I am proud of him. A true fact . hen he was a senior in high school his senior English teacher wanted to fail him because of a missed assignment. HIs guidance counselor would not agree to that and old man Brown can only watch as his student far outshines the small minded little man. The guidance counselor has retired but still keeps in contact with his former charge. Not a dumb man. He saw this coming along time ago.:eek:

Wow.

This is not a question of second chance - it is a question of how many second chances he gets. SU gave him a huge second chance when we offered him, we don't owe him another one. Someone else will take a chance on him and I hope he makes the best of it.

not good for the team--they have moved on---he needs to move on--period

I'm with bnoro. Cater can get his act together at another school. He blew it here. Find someone else to recruit.

But Borno what if he came back led the team in tackles became class president and team captain went onto finish his degree at NH became all pro in the NFL dontated millions back to cuse because he was so appreciative landed a job with ESPN which led to his Senate run in NY, Gave the commencement address was hand picked to take over for the wee one when she retired went back into politics after leading Syracuse for 10 years and became President!! Dont you see Borno it isnt just because he is a talented LB no it is because this is his destiny!

I did not realize giving a kid a break to keep him off the streets and reverting to criminal behaviors was so terrible. The kid has gone through hell in his life if he can prove he has straightened out he probably has eared a few more chances than the average person based upon his life experiences. Rather see him in school trying to better himself vs hanging out on the corner.

But Borno what if he came back led the team in tackles became class president and team captain went onto finish his degree at NH became all pro in the NFL dontated millions back to cuse because he was so appreciative landed a job with ESPN which led to his Senate run in NY, Gave the commencement address was hand picked to take over for the wee one when she retired went back into politics after leading Syracuse for 10 years and became President!! Dont you see Borno it isnt just because he is a talented LB no it is because this is his destiny!

I think I saw that movie in the 80's.