how many 2012 games nationally with qb rating below SU's vs NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

how many 2012 games nationally with qb rating below SU's vs NC State

I know, it's scary. Relying on 350 yards rushing and 70 yards passing worked well for Nebraska and Oklahoma back in the day, but we're long past that era.

I just fear that the real Allen is closer to the Penn State and NW one, not the, well, I don't have any examples the other way.

Run the ball, stop the run. Old school football. While playing games either in the southeast or in a Dome.

I wouldn't be against him playing some if he chucked if deep and we had guys able to run under it, just don't know if we do. I still don't think we've seen the last of Allen.

I think Allen is not that worse a runner.. he has worse pocket presence though, or so it seems.. i think he is much more about completing the play called , where as Hunts internal clock says run much sooner.

the better the oline gets at blocking the less what Hunt brings matters. probably 3 of the runs Sat would have been about the same. a few would probably have been worse.. The first play of the game would still likely have worked.. the last TD was Hunt though. I dont think the throwing could have been more off but at Least Hunt was off so much only 2 turned into INT's

I think Allen is not that worse a runner.. he has worse pocket presence though, or so it seems.. i think he is much more about completing the play called , where as Hunts internal clock says run much sooner.

the better the oline gets at blocking the less what Hunt brings matters. probably 3 of the runs Sat would have been about the same. a few would probably have been worse.. The first play of the game would still likely have worked.. the last TD was Hunt though. I dont think the throwing could have been more off but at Least Hunt was off so much only 2 turned into INT's

It just seems that Allen runs at the worst of times. He doesn't look at the DE and runs into him, or runs in the OLB. I still think they tried to put a round peg into a square hole. Allen is not the QB our system needs.

SU vs NC State had a qb rating of 58.17 Saturday

Last year there were 1,675 records of passing data.

40 of the 1675 records had a passer rating of 58.17 or less. That's 2.4 percent. Let's call that your odds of being that bad. Let's also assume that games are totally independent of each other. That means 0.06% (2.4% squared rounded up) are the odds of having 2 games in a row of 58.17 or less

we just had two games in a row with 58.17 or less.

in other words, if you take 1,667 (1/.06%) 2 game stretches, one of them will have qb ratings of under 58.17 for both games.

This is not your ordinary growing pains.

(I promise this didn't take long - cfbstats raw data)
This has something to do with Hunt's development as a new starter, and mostly to do with the fact that he has no wide receivers to throw the ball to. Our wideouts are so inept that, except for Wagner (and that's close), I'd trade the receivers on every team we've played for ours. Gladly (I'm not including the H-back position, where there is a feint glimmer of hope).

If any of them is covered, there is almost no hope of separation. The best we can do is pray they're ignored by the secondary and manage to meander out in the open.

To say WR is an "area of need" in SU's recruiting would be the understatement of the year in division 1 FB.

Last edited:
so in Hunt's first 2 games he had QB ratings of 262 and 211.4, if you really want to blow everyone's minds you should calculate the odds of having 2 games with those ratings followed by 2 games with the horrible ratings
mind_blown.gif