How many college FB players here? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How many college FB players here?

Played DE for Buff State. Blew my knee out twice, stopped playing football, re-evaluated my situation, and will be applying to law school this year. Thinking bout going to Cuse for my JD but we'll see... On a side note, I knew Josh Mims while he played at Buff State.
As a lawyer: Med school or sales.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Wrestled and played football at William Penn University, was DIII when I was there, they are NAIA now. I played middle linebacker. Played semi-pro a couple years afterwards but moved to TE for that. It was a crappy league and a huge joke. Bunch of middle aged men on steroids trying to be gym class heros in pads. I stopped before I got hurt. knuckleheads.

Was set to play DIII football at Kenyon College, but tore a ligament in my knee during my senior year (the 3rd time). As a 310 pound defensive tackle, Coach Stanley told me he wasn't interested in a DT with a bum knee history.

In retrospect, it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I started working for my football coach (who was a lawyer), learned the game from his coaching standpoint, lost 100 pounds, and ended up playing 4 years of tennis in college.

Edit: Forgot to add, now I coach a high school team in NC. Have a stud RT who is a sophomore right now. Will definitely be a high-level D-1 recruit. Currently 6'4, 265, very long arms. Really quick and agile for his size. Already benching in the 250 range, and will definitely increase that this year as he is signed up for weightlifting (yes, it's a class here in NC).

Edit: Forgot to add, now I coach a high school team in NC. Have a stud RT who is a sophomore right now. Will definitely be a high-level D-1 recruit. Currently 6'4, 265, very long arms. Really quick and agile for his size. Already benching in the 250 range, and will definitely increase that this year as he is signed up for weightlifting (yes, it's a class here in NC).

You let the staff know this? Sign him up

Was set to play DIII football at Kenyon College, but tore a ligament in my knee during my senior year (the 3rd time). As a 310 pound defensive tackle, Coach Stanley told me he wasn't interested in a DT with a bum knee history.

In retrospect, it was the best thing that has ever happened to me. I started working for my football coach (who was a lawyer), learned the game from his coaching standpoint, lost 100 pounds, and ended up playing 4 years of tennis in college.

Is that 3A?

One Spring at Syracuse, hoping to make it as a walk-on kicker. I was probably their Plan-C or Plan-D at the position. I have 1 credit on my SU transcript for football.

Coach Fears is the one that tried me out at Coyne when I first walked into the football office. I spent most of my class time doing drills with the D Line following orders from George O'Leary. This is also when Jim Tressel was on the staff. I don't recall if he wore a vest at that time or not. Half of the classes were held in the Dome, which required us to jog through the snow from Manley (and back). The funniest part was probably when there was some sort of pro scouting day at the Dome. There were about a dozen scouts there wondering who the heck I was.

While I didn't make the team, it was a great experience and allowed me to enjoy a few speeches from Coach Mac.

Started off playing hockey at DIII Hamilton for a couple years. The football coach saw me playing IM football with some guys some day and invited me to try out for the team. The team wasn't very good, and I was burnt out with hockey so I made the switch. I hadn't played football since 10th grade (quit to play jr hockey) but lied to the coaching staff about my background.

I tested really well in the spring before the season with my 40 times and vert, and the coaches were convinced they had a playmaking WR on their hands. Once fall hit, it was pretty apparent that I lied about my football acumen at the time as I had absolutely no concept of a route / passing tree. I recall in an intersquad scrimmage they called a pass play for me but I decided to crack block the linebacker instead. I was quickly moved to corner after that.

On a happy note, I ended up a starter and led the team in int's my senior year. :noidea:

I played fullback at Hobart from 92-95, which is the same position my dad played in high school and where my maternal grandfather played at Columbia in the 30s. The phasing out of the position is taking a real toll on my family ;)

I played division 3 at Alfred University from 96-99'. Started at center, guard and tackle. Guard and Center freshman year, Junior year at LT and senior year at Center. I was also the long snapper for punts and field goals. I did not play after college. I loved playing but my body is paying for it now. My number was 69, yea buddy!
Did you and Jesse Raynor ever cross paths at Alfred. He might be a little younger than you.

Flag football intramurals on a team of all drummers from the marching band. One of my college highlight was playing a team of athletes on their offseason and being matched against jb reafsnyder. I was our tallest guy at 5' 11''. That was neat...and humbling...but I got one pick.

well we know youre not quinn, so my guess would be youre powlus.

no way beuerlein is posting on message boards...

arent you glad you dont have to send a check to beano cook anymore??...
Hope he posts a picture of his 2 Heisman trophies.

That Utica Club was a good one.
I don't post unless I need info on cuse tv options in foreign lands or rarely if I have been drinking. This falls into the later. I have an important fact that should be known. My little pub has been the largest on premise (bar/restaurant) utica club account since we opened 5 years ago. Every damn year. So suck it coors/bud bars...