How many non-SU basketball games do you watch? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How many non-SU basketball games do you watch?

A second question: How does the way the college season ended impact your interest in watching the NBA playoffs? SU started 25-0 and finished 3-6 while Connecticut went on to win their 4th national championship. I felt "basketballed out" in the wake of that and wanted to watch other sports. I think I did watch some NBA games after we made the Final Four last year.

SU sports is my main focus, then other college games, then in the summer I watch the Yankees a bit. NBA, NHL both bore me. The NFL is a very casual watch to me. I'm a CNY native and SU is my Major League Team. I live in San Antonio and couldn't name more than 2-3 players on the Spurs...I just don't care about the NBA.

Similar to my situation. I try to watch as many SU hoop games as possible and that's it for sports as I have many other interests.

I watch lots of college basketball. In addition to every SU game I also watch most Cincinnati games since my wife is a Bearcat and my kids also follow them (but always wore Orange at UC - SU games!) I catch a few Xavier games on TV and every time I can get my alma mater's game (Ohio U) I also watch those. I get about 5-8 OU games now between ESPNU and regional Fox coverage of Ohio colleges. Other than that I will mostly watch good match ups. I watch almost zero NBA until the playoffs and then usually only from the semis on (same as NHL). I admit though that this year I have been caught up in a few series like the Toronto- Nets and Blazers/Rockets series. I think my early interest this year is due to goign to a few Pacers games and also enjoying to cheer against players I dislike (like James Harden, the most over rated player in the NBA imo). Most Spring sports are outdoors and do not take place at night. I coach baseball so that gets me to about 40+ games per year (my team this year might make noise on the state level, we're pretty solid). And then there is golf. My 14 year old loves it, my 16 year old hates it (mostly because little brother beat him). I could golf every day if my wife and back would let me.

A second question: How does the way the college season ended impact your interest in watching the NBA playoffs? SU started 25-0 and finished 3-6 while Connecticut went on to win their 4th national championship. I felt "basketballed out" in the wake of that and wanted to watch other sports. I think I did watch some NBA games after we made the Final Four last year.

I feel like since it's a different league, it's starting anew.

most years my Lakers are in the playoffs, but I'll still watch NBA playoff games. The Lakers games are the only regular season NBA I'll go out of my to watch.

Boeheim ball has been the gateway drug to the heroin that is basketball of any kind, any level, anytime. I watch as much as a I can.

-SU basketball games hardcore.
-SU football games though not as important for me as hoops.
-Cleveland Cavs basketball and some NBA. NBA Playoffs for sure.
-USC football/basketball
-Philadelphia Eagles
-NFL RedZone Channel hardcore on Sundays. (3 Fantasy leagues/2 Dynasty)

I like watching NBA once college hoops ends even if SU goes on a deep run. NBA is better basketball and the playoff drive starts to heat up. See, NBA basketball will be all I have until football starts. Baseball puts me to sleep. Can't do it. NBA and NFL Network for me post SU hoops.

the NBA is unwatchable to me. Mostly isolation plays every time down. Teams quit. Pacers, for example. It will never have half the passion that college hoops does.