How many SU fans, around last year, thought they'd be seeing this? | Syracusefan.com

How many SU fans, around last year, thought they'd be seeing this?

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
10268426_398551813619820_4712314911752708867_n.jpg

Caption it if you'd like.

"I'm sure an extra year of college would have better prepared me to hold this reward"

I can honestly say I thought he had an excellent chance because of the pt he would get along with his game was better suited for the NBA than college where he still excelled.

Yeah, I can honestly say that I think he was my pick for ROY before the season started. But I got absolutely bashed for that opinion by any NBA fans that I talked to.

This is set up to be a lying gloaters thread so let me be the first to say that no, I did not think he would be NBA ROY. No way. He was skinny, had maturity issues, and a suspect jump shot. In no way does that mean I was a basher, but come on - he had an all-time NBA Rookie season. Anybody saying they saw this coming needs to be in Vegas gambling on future events not sitting around here.

HoustonCuse said:
This is set up to be a lying gloaters thread so let me be the first to say that no, I did not think he would be NBA ROY. No way. He was skinny, had maturity issues, and a suspect jump shot. In no way does that mean I was a basher, but come on - he had an all-time NBA Rookie season. Anybody saying they saw this coming needs to be in Vegas gambling on future events not sitting around here.

I figured it was either going to be Mclemore, Olidepo, Burke, or MCW. I'm not the type to gloat after the fact but if you look at the draft it was very very weak and it was easily predictable that MCW would probably lead all rookies in minutes which would get his running stats up higher than most. It's not like he was out of his league playing for us, he was probably our most dominate player throughout the season and through the tourney playing well against many great guards along the way. I can see him not being the favorite but in that draft class I wouldn't call him a dark horse at all.

In October of 2012 someone asked me who I thought the best player in college basketball was. I then responded with "Michael Carter-Williams".

I call it being smart, but others may mistake it for homerism.

It's good that he won something this year, you know, as opposed to games. Not that that was his fault.

I expected him to be middle of the road out of the rooks. His jumper was poor and I thought his dribbling was suspect, but also thought his size and passing would carry him.

I definitely didn't see him being ROY but did expect him to be more comfortable in the NBA due to the better spacing. When you're that gangly and trying to zig zag into the lane, it helps when the court is bigger and you have guys that understand how to spread the defense.

In October of 2012 someone asked me who I thought the best player in college basketball was. I then responded with "Michael Carter-Williams".

I call it being smart, but others may mistake it for homerism.
He wasn't the best college player in 2012. Not even close. His game is much more suited, in style, for the NBA, obviously.

I said that predraft. he would have done that a year earlier had dino breath played him. when ever u want to know bball don't ask boeheim, ask me . remember melo

He wasn't the best college player in 2012. Not even close. His game is much more suited, in style, for the NBA, obviously.
a boeheim clone. his skills r more man than tavern. he made it inspite of jb

Never thought roy, but I thought he would have a halfway decent season.

Thought he needed another year. I thought and still think he will be a solid pro for the long term.

Once his midrange floater started coming along near the end of his sophmore year his chances got alot higher. Once he put the 3 point shot with it he became even more multidimentional.

It took 3 guys from michigan to slow him down. If only he found a few more assists and had the horses in the low post to finish that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom