How many Syracuse fans are there? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

How many Syracuse fans are there?

The University just drove off a guy rich enough, and possibly, stupid and crazy enough, to fuel a chunk of our NIL needs. But, you don't think small fry fans can complain about NIL, unless we are donating a dinner-a-year's worth of money; on a sports fans forum no less.

Counterpoint - The University has a hoops program playing with 2 strikes (or 4 fouls, if you prefer), and which CAN NOT risk even a whiff of a hint of impropriety around any of the revenue programs in particular.

Said rich enough (and stupid & crazy enough) guy was a walking show-cause waiting to happen.

He flew a HS age croot up to a game in his private jet with a rapper and his entourage.
Rumor has it that allegedly a LOT of stuff went on during said flight and trip that was not copacetic for a croot to have been exposed to * -
especially in light of Cuse's tenuous standing with the NCAA based on those past transgressions.

(* unless it was at Llvll, or any $EC school, where it would be a crime not to break the rules)

Counterpoint - The University has a hoops program playing with 2 strikes (or 4 fouls, if you prefer), and which CAN NOT risk even a whiff of a hint of impropriety around any of the revenue programs in particular.

Said rich enough (and stupid & crazy enough) guy was a walking show-cause waiting to happen.

He flew a HS age croot up to a game in his private jet with a rapper and his entourage.
Rumor has it that allegedly a LOT of stuff went on during said flight and trip that was not copacetic for a croot to have been exposed to * -
especially in light of Cuse's tenuous standing with the NCAA based on those past transgressions.

(* unless it was at Llvll, or any $EC school, where it would be a crime not to break the rules)
Agree with you to a point. But, this is a brave new world. What AW does with NIL, can be adequately compartmentalized from the University. Still not sure what he has done to be made a pariah by SU. Self promotion? Have you seen the size of the letters on those JMA and Lally signs?

Agree with you to a point. But, this is a brave new world. What AW does with NIL, can be adequately compartmentalized from the University. Still not sure what he has done to be made a pariah by SU. Self promotion? Have you seen the size of the letters on those JMA and Lally signs?
I made this same point about the signs and got hammered for it. Agreed.

My biggest concern about the fan base is it’s age. When I was a kid, EVERY kid in town was repping SU gear, all my friends watched the games. Sadly I don’t think that is the case anymore.
A decade of irrelevance will do this.

Fortunately the big whales we need to harpoon are in the older, 40+ demographic.

How many that would be willing to give $100 to a collective? Have to be over 100k
wouldn't you think? The university has to be more proactive on this.
I literally had the same thought for the last month and seeing that such common sense very much that 315 platform is not getting a lot of momentum. The guy was on ESPN Syracuse a few weeks ago. Did you hear?

I literally had the same thought for the last month and seeing that such common sense very much that 315 platform is not getting a lot of momentum. The guy was on ESPN Syracuse a few weeks ago. Did you hear?
No. I didn't

I would without a doubt give money to a collective that was targeting men's basketball and football. I would want to know how the $ is being used, how we are trying to keep or obtain talent. If there are more specifics, more targeted marketing then there would be more donations. Right now it appears there is a website link but little else

Cuse
Same for moi.

key word Rumor

How about Syracuse offers a discount on season ticket prices equal to the value of a donation to a collective (with proof) up to $300 bucks or something? Let's the fan reallocate some dollars, reduces some of the gains for the AD directly but that is in exchange for dollars to a collective that ultimately benefits the AD. That is something Syracuse could do with ticket renewals that would help the Nil cause and let's season ticket buyers of all levels stay in their budgets and still channel to a collective. In this scenario Syracuse is not handling any Nil whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom