How many years will it take??? | Syracusefan.com

How many years will it take???

cpatrocks

Starter
...until Calapari is forced to vacate this Final Four appearance too?

Over/Under on 2016

Over/Under on 2016

Unless they catch him before the season occurs, then it's all BS.

The NCAA vacated Calipari's Final Four's with UMass and Memphis. Oooooh. So what - it already happened. And there's no evidence that Calipari was aware of what was going on anyway.

I say 3-4 years something will come out, there's always a recruit who is paid, promised the world and then underperforms and ends up out of the sport. Before you know it, they are hungry for money and tell their story

UGH !!! - why do we have to disparage others when our House has been & may still be such a mess.

Whatever Calipari has been doing, it can't be any worse than what we have done and/or been accused of.

I am tired of this nonsense. We need to mind our own store & get our own house in order before we worry about others.

Good question! Tough bet though.
I take the under at 2016.
I think the over under should be 2014-2015 season.

He is smarter than the ncaa and will NEVER get caught doing something illegal, the worst case scenario is one of his people get in trouble but hell claim he had no idea, and that person would never talk either

He is smarter than the ncaa and will NEVER get caught doing something illegal, the worst case scenario is one of his people get in trouble but hell claim he had no idea, and that person would never talk either
If he is smarter than the NCAA & will never be caught, how come we appear to be dumber & are always caught ????

UGH !!! - why do we have to disparage others when our House has been & may still be such a mess.

Whatever Calipari has been doing, it can't be any worse than what we have done and/or been accused of.

I am tired of this nonsense. We need to mind our own store & get our own house in order before we worry about others.

True. Calipari doesn't need to run a messy program. Kentucky is perfect for one and doners. Purist it ain't but if you want to go pro the track record resides there. And, yes, given our situation we ought not be too cocky. I'll take bribery over the Fine mess any day.

Over/Under on 2016

It will never happen if Kentucky wins this year's championship. The NCAA has had previous instances when they could have investigated and vacated the championship of title winners in the past and they have never shown any inclination to pursue those cases. The most glaring example of this organization's level of integrity came during the 1990-1991 season when the NCAA investigated violations at UNLV and decided to put off enacting penalties on the school until the following season. UNLV was undefeated and ranked number 1 and the NCAA decided that immediately leveling sanctions on the defending champions would seriously distract from that year's NCAA Tournament. They also refused to consider inituating any actions that could lead to vacating the 1990 title.

I have friends who live in other parts of the country who have become very critical of SU's basketball program in recent months. The last thing I feel like doing right now is accusing another coach of doing something wrong without any evidence. I know that John Calipari is a damn good coach and will leave it at that.

Don't be comparing our issues with Calipari's - completely seperate situations.

Syracuse has seen it's share of drama this year...but all of Boeheim's Final Four Banners are still hanging in the corner of the Carrier Dome.

Calipari has a track record for being a completely SlimeBall. He has vacated Final Four appearances with both UMass and Memphis...and now he gets almost all the best recruits...it's not just becuase he's such a "great coach".

screw the ncaa .. just imagine bbn's reaction if the cards were to win..

Don't be comparing our issues with Calipari's - completely seperate situations.

Syracuse has seen it's share of drama this year...but all of Boeheim's Final Four Banners are still hanging in the corner of the Carrier Dome.

Calipari has a track record for being a completely SlimeBall. He has vacated Final Four appearances with both UMass and Memphis...and now he gets almost all the best recruits...it's not just becuase he's such a "great coach".

Agree that the situations are separate...SU's is worse and that's hardly debatable. Fair or not, there's a perception that SU is similar to Penn State due to so much national attention the Fine debacle received and the daming consequences of it all. Not to mention the ensuing lawsuit against JB, academic issues, the institution failing to enforce its own policies, etc.

I hear/overhear it in various places where people gather talking about sports in general. When I came back from the BET just a couple of weeks ago, I ran into a guy who was one of son's travel baseball coaches last season and started discussing college hoops, etc. on the eve of the Dance. The conversation got a bit heated when he made the comment that Syracuse will never be the same, ruined a la Penn St. as he attempted to make the comparison.

Long and short of it is...SU's image has been significantly damaged in the court of public opinion...perception, as unfortunate as it can be at times...is reality.

At this point, Calipari has no need to cheat. He will continue to get the top recruits based on what the last set did in college and then in the NBA. Why would he need to pay anyone? 1) He's young-ish. 2) He's got the right type of 'charm' for the industry. 3) His teams are going to be ranked in the top 10 and receive significant media attention. 4) His teams will be favored to go to the final four. 4) He's known for a particular brand of offense that translates to the NBA, unlike Boeheim, who's known for a particular type of defense that decidedly does NOT translate. 5) The alternatives are underwhelming. Carolina's luster is fading (slowly) with every year Jordan is out of the spotlight. Duke is still Duke, but even they aren't what they were. Who else is there? SU? Seriously? We have one thing: the Dome. And, now, we have an 'icky' program. And a glut of big men. If we're talking about recruiting Noel, logic dictates he go somewhere else. Even if he is promised a starting role, his minutes will be divided to a greater degree than if he signed elsewhere.

Yeah, it boggles my mind, how our fans can be so myopic and incapable of objectivity. WE were on probation once. WE had the alleged molester on the second seat. WE have the 'drug problem.' WE have the academic problem. WE may have had players banging the pathetic wife of a coach. How are y'all spinning this so hard that you can lose truth?

"Calipari has a track record for being a completely SlimeBall."
I would disagree, with regard to the degree of "slime" attached to Calipari. At Memphis, wasn't it Rose's admissions that were the basis for issue? Something Calipari had nothing to do with? The NCAA cleared him. Wasn't there a similar issue with our own recruit that landed us on probation? Can't throw stones in that matter. Glass houses and all that. And, since then? Again - he doesn't need to cheat now. The kids WANT to play for him and they're having amazing results at the college level and in the pros.

Cal turned a midmajor kentucky program into the number one recruting class in 3 months. Then he got the two best recrutiting classes the next two years. It is painfully obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom