How much does being the #1 team... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How much does being the #1 team...

I don't think its that much different a #1 vs a #5, but its certainly factor for high ranked teams. Teams get up for those huge games especially on their home court.

I'm not sure if NC St was any more up against us than when they play Duke or UNC. I think that game was more us being flat.. and of course finding a way to win in spite of this.

I think it's relatively low honestly. Maybe 10-20% if you have to put a number on it.

I really think division one athletes try their hardest every time out. Every one of these guys think they can play on the next level and always want to win and play well. I don't think there is a "reserve" that one can magically bring out and bring a better game.

Upsets happen all the time, doesn't matter if you're the worst team playing against the 100th best team or the #1 team losing to the 35th best team. Any game one guy can go off and almost single handedly lead his team to a W.

I think out guys are so amped up to win every game, does that mean they're not giving as much effort as a Clemson or a NC St? I don't so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom