How much time did Syracuse football QB Tommy DeVito have vs. Clemson? (what we learned) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

How much time did Syracuse football QB Tommy DeVito have vs. Clemson? (what we learned)

I can't believe I'm going to say this but ...
Where is the bubble screen? It's a good way to soften defensive fronts and beat the blitz. Plus TD can get the ball out there in a hurry.
Apparently our WR corps is too skinny to hold blocks... or they have the dropsies because tommy throws the ball too hard.

I call bullpuckey. The season is 25% over and Sat is must win for the perception of this team. Just starting? We are in danger of losing the season altogether this Sat.
Thus the word "essentially", all realistic goals preseason are still on the table

I call bullpuckey. The season is 25% over and Sat is must win for the perception of this team. Just starting? We are in danger of losing the season altogether this Sat.

Both are true, IMO.

25% is gone - but 2 of the 3 were the best teams we'll face all season, IMO. The rest of the schedule is filled with talented, but deeply flawed teams - ie. just like us.

I remember reading on a poster in a bar bathroom that a Jiffy is officially 1/100th of a second. He definitely had a Jiffy of time, maybe two

Thus the word "essentially", all realistic goals preseason are still on the table
This reminds of the CNN interview this morning with one of the democratic hopefuls, he currently has 1% of the democratic vote but his goals are all still on the table too.

Both are true, IMO.

25% is gone - but 2 of the 3 were the best teams we'll face all season, IMO. The rest of the schedule is filled with talented, but deeply flawed teams - ie. just like us.
Two of the best? MD? The same team that lost to Temple on Sat? Seems more like GT 2013 who finished with 7 wins but embarrassed Shafer and his entire staff.

This reminds of the CNN interview this morning with one of the democratic hopefuls, he currently has 1% of the democratic vote but his goals are all still on the table too.
?????????????

Well time for my two cents here. Listen to what Coach Dino Babers is saying now and has said before. At the end of the 2017 season after BC had stepped on Syracuse 42-14 in the Dome to end the second consecutive 4-8 season under HCDB and we as a fan base were not happy campers, he comes out and says he thinks the 2018 season could be something special. Well all the supposed experts picked Syracuse last in the Atlantic yada yada ya and in the end, who was right? Now this year he says the new starting quarterback will have growing pains and he wasn't happy with all the injuries in camp and the offensive line is a work in progress. Again, you see it unfold in front of your eyes. Throwing out the Maryland game and with the exception of a few plays against Clemson, the defense has held their own. Maryland was ugly the whole way and only God knows why the Syracuse defense played that badly. But up to this point, the defense has been the stronger third of the the team along with of course special teams. Very recently Coach Babers said he still feels this team, the 2019 team which he said has nothing to do with the 2018 team still has an opportunity to be special in a positive way. Offensive unit as a whole needs to step up and coaches have to put them in the best situation to be successful. If that happens and it should, this season can still be very successful and a building block to be consistently good. Go Orange!!!!!!!

?????????????
Well until he pulls out or loses the primary he can still be president right? And we can still go to the Orange Bowl right? The problem is that reality is telling us and him the odds of either happening are pretty astronomical.

Well until he pulls out or loses the primary he can still be president right? And we can still go to the Orange Bowl right? The problem is that reality is telling us and him the odds of either happening are pretty astronomical.
You're GD right we can still go to the Orange bowl!

I remember reading on a poster in a bar bathroom that a Jiffy is officially 1/100th of a second. He definitely had a Jiffy of time, maybe two

That is the smooth Jiffy, the one with nuts is a second or two. And poor TD had his handed to him.

You're GD right we can still go to the Orange bowl!
Lol I admire your enthusiasm. As many know I'm also a Detroit Lions fan. Between Syracuse and Detroit I've been punched in the mouth enough times in Sept to know when the best part of the season might be the beer and food. 0-16 changes you as a fan. You realize......there's no ground here

Vs clemason they played press taking that away
Ugh. Haven't sat through the rewatch yet. And my memory is a little blurry from sat.;)

I feel like against another team Tommy punishes that man/press coverage! With a bit more time of course.

Let's get some confidence back these next !
LGO!

Well time for my two cents here. Listen to what Coach Dino Babers is saying now and has said before. At the end of the 2017 season after BC had stepped on Syracuse 42-14 in the Dome to end the second consecutive 4-8 season under HCDB and we as a fan base were not happy campers, he comes out and says he thinks the 2018 season could be something special. Well all the supposed experts picked Syracuse last in the Atlantic yada yada ya and in the end, who was right? Now this year he says the new starting quarterback will have growing pains and he wasn't happy with all the injuries in camp and the offensive line is a work in progress. Again, you see it unfold in front of your eyes. Throwing out the Maryland game and with the exception of a few plays against Clemson, the defense has held their own. Maryland was ugly the whole way and only God knows why the Syracuse defense played that badly. But up to this point, the defense has been the stronger third of the the team along with of course special teams. Very recently Coach Babers said he still feels this team, the 2019 team which he said has nothing to do with the 2018 team still has an opportunity to be special in a positive way. Offensive unit as a whole needs to step up and coaches have to put them in the best situation to be successful. If that happens and it should, this season can still be very successful and a building block to be consistently good. Go Orange!!
this sounds right to me. get to a lousy bowl game, blow the doors off someone on espn, and throw for a billion yards next year.

Our passing game strategy is helping this situation. I think the O-line improves over the course of the season, but if we don't attempt to make teams pay for bringing the pressure so often, that's on the coaches. 3 games. Time to adjust to what we can do now.

What crap has to stop? There isn’t anything he said that was out of line. You seem to think you’re some authority figure here lately.

You must be new here, I’ve been an authority figure here since the late 60s.

last year's offense wasn't good per play but must've had decent success rates - i don't know where to find stats about tackles for loss given up

Dungey had roughly the same per pass numbers against clemson - he only ran for 11 yards. better than -42 (goofy college stats)

a lot of the nfl analytics nerds pin sacks on qbs because even when the line is terrible, some of them can the ball out.

dungey probably turned a bunch of sacks into 1 yard runs and it probably helped them with their success rates. that, turnovers, and the kicking game is the explanation for how a team that was average per play was way above average in scoring. (Last year wasn't a big 4th down extra play keeping drives going year)

clemson got so much pressure and is so good, what difference does it make whether you lose 5 or throw incomplete, either way, you're not going to succeed in those downs and distances

but going forward, get players back where they ought to be, communicate a little better, get a little better at throwing it away, throw more screens. I am more convinced by the posts and the paper that miscommunication is as much or more of a problem than the tackles just being hopeless

This

2019 Clemson is better than 2018 Clemson and much better than 2017 Clemson

This

2019 Clemson is better than 2018 Clemson and much better than 2017 Clemson
I'm not sure why folks are so hesitant to admit that Clemson is really good. They are. We have issues but we also have two easier opponents at home and a bye week before we'll be tested on the road again. We'll be a different team by then...

Two of the best? MD? The same team that lost to Temple on Sat? Seems more like GT 2013 who finished with 7 wins but embarrassed Shafer and his entire staff.

Who you got at second then? Wake? Duke?