How optimistic/pessimistic is everyone this? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How optimistic/pessimistic is everyone this?

0-2 with neither game being particularly exciting.
Boooooo
download (3).jpeg

If tomorrow night goes poorly this board will be a very interesting place.

Louisville is a 50/50 game. Which Orange team shows up?
We get crushed by both Duke and UVA.

Two huge games at home. Do we go 0-2? 1-1? Or 2-0?. Does the outcome of Louisville impact the Duke game? Does the outcome of the UNC game affect how Duke plays Saturday?

I will say 1-1 this week but if we beat Louisville I think we play great on Saturday. Duke will be out for revenge especially if they lose on Wednesday. Can't wait.
I see no reason to be any less or more optimistic than any other time this year. The same strengths and challenges are there. As of right now I believe they make the tourney and the key is still Frank. He’s played under his ability and I think there is no other direction than up for him. Some teams take a bit longer. Louisville I see as a win, could be wrong. Duke is a crap shoot, but they are in the dome... as always, I cheer for them to win, until they lose.

If tomorrow night goes poorly this board will be a very interesting place.
Maybe 5 years ago. Now it’s like popping in a rerun that we’ve seen 300 times. We know all the lines and what the characters wear. We see the dead munchkin hanging in the back and don’t blink an eye.

Lose the next 3 games by 20 plus. Wake is the only game Cuse wins the rest of the year. 3 seed in NIT

Pretty optimistic we beat Louisville. They are nothing special at all.

I'm not sure I get this take at all. Louisville has wins over Michigan State, @UNC, NC State and @Virginia Tech. Only "bad" losses were road losses to Pitt and Indiana by a combined 4 points. Three of their losses were in overtime and their biggest point differential in a loss was 13 points to Kentucky. Lost by 2 to Duke, 5 to FSU, 3 to Marquette. I think they are a very solid team that has played far and away a more difficult schedule that SU has to date. There's a reason they are ranked in the Top 20 still with 8 losses.

I'm not sure I get this take at all. Louisville has wins over Michigan State, @UNC, NC State and @Virginia Tech. Only "bad" losses were road losses to Pitt and Indiana by a combined 4 points. Three of their losses were in overtime and their biggest point differential in a loss was 13 points to Kentucky. Lost by 2 to Duke, 5 to FSU, 3 to Marquette. I think they are a very solid team that has played far and away a more difficult schedule that SU has to date. There's a reason they are ranked in the Top 20 still with 8 losses.

Believe what you want to believe.
Lost 3 out of 5. A lot of their good wins were in December/January and any loss to Pitt and Indiana is bad. If we had lost to either of those schools the board would be saying it was a bad loss.

My prediction is we get blown out tonight because we Mack is a really good coach and will have no problems figuring out how exploit the zone to get open threes and good looks inside. Given Louisville pressures the ball, I expect Frank to be totally ineffective as a ball hander... he might hit two or three jumpers but he will give that many up with his lazy D. The only way we stay in the game is if Buddy can get his shot off and if Hughes comes out of his slump.

I think we do better against Duke than we do against Louisville, but we still lose that game. So 0-2 is my prediction.

Believe what you want to believe.
Lost 3 out of 5. A lot of their good wins were in December/January and any loss to Pitt and Indiana is bad. If we had lost to either of those schools the board would be saying it was a bad loss.

The 3 losses in their last 5 were @UNC, @FSU and Duke. They beat VaTech 2 weeks ago (beat us by 22) and NC State 3 weeks ago (beat us by 15). Their 5th best win (Seton Hall) would probably be our second best win. I'm not saying that it's not a game that we can't win, but to act like Louisville isn't a solid team who has, for the most part, looked much better than Syracuse this year is a bit of a stretch.

If JB proactively presses L'ville I like SU's chances. I think SU gives Duke a test but eventually loses by noine

we just need to play with some fire from the tip. If we just play our lazy zone, expect the white dude from the' 'ville to drop 20 on us.

The 3 losses in their last 5 were @UNC, @FSU and Duke. They beat VaTech 2 weeks ago (beat us by 22) and NC State 3 weeks ago (beat us by 15). Their 5th best win (Seton Hall) would probably be our second best win. I'm not saying that it's not a game that we can't win, but to act like Louisville isn't a solid team who has, for the most part, looked much better than Syracuse this year is a bit of a stretch.

Did not say they weren’t solid. I said they were nothing special and if our Duke win gets an asterisk for Jones/Reddish being hurt then their Virginia Tech wins deserves the same because Robinson didn’t play.

Did not say they weren’t solid. I said they were nothing special and if our Duke win gets an asterisk for Jones/Reddish being hurt then their Virginia Tech wins deserves the same because Robinson didn’t play.

I hope someone in the committee room mentions that Duke managed to beat UVA the very next day with out the legendary (according ESPN) Trae Jones.

Example A of why we need a “dislike” buttom. No offense but here’s hoping you’re wrong.
This team has not shown up against any good competition. We won at Duke with Jones going down, Reddish out and Hughes hitting a 70 footer before half. Say what you want but what makes you feel confident in any of these next 3 games.

This team has not shown up against any good competition. We won at Duke with Jones going down, Reddish out and Hughes hitting a 70 footer before half. Say what you want but what makes you feel confident in any of these next 3 games.

I’m confident that with a week off we won’t lose the next 3 games by “20 plus”. You’re confident we will and I’m confident we won’t, so agree to disagree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom