How the ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How the ...

Honestly, with Jim Burr out there I was just glad they didn't add time to the clock. I thought UL might have ended up with 3 seconds left after the review.

Waiters was fouled on several of the last few possessions and only one was called. Could have been three. Refs always seem to be a problem when we play Louisville.

You know surprisingly Davis on ESPN said the same thing on air after the game which almost made me respect him

Questions:

1. Bees - do you believe Dion was instructed to miss the shot?

2. Does the clock start when the FT bounces off of the rim or when it touches a player?

- I thought maybe the ref was splitting the difference realizing that he should have called a lane violation on Dion which would have given Louisville possession and the full 1.7 seconds.

Putting aside the lane violation it is impossible to understand how the ball could be tapped back up in the air by Dion and then come back down and get secured by Louisville in 0.4 seconds?

Again, was it really a lane violation? I slow-mo'ed it and it looked like Dion went into the lane after the ball hit the rim.

Putting aside the lane violation it is impossible to understand how the ball could be tapped back up in the air by Dion and then come back down and get secured by Louisville in 0.4 seconds?

Secured AND a TO signaled/recognized.

Secured AND a TO signaled/recognized.

I don't think they had to signal the TO because they had "pre-called" it. Once the ball was secured the refs could give it to them so it made it a little bit quicker, but they still had to have possession of the ball before it should have been granted.

I don't think they had to signal the TO because they had "pre-called" it. Once the ball was secured the refs could give it to them so it made it a little bit quicker, but they still had to have possession of the ball before it should have been granted.

Can you "pre-call" a TO? I've never heard that expression before. It seems to me, if you alert the ref that you intend to call a TO when you get possession, you still have to call it.

Again, was it really a lane violation? I slow-mo'ed it and it looked like Dion went into the lane after the ball hit the rim.

It was a brain violation. Imagine if he's been called for a foul...:bang:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom