How the ... | Syracusefan.com

How the ...

iommi

Living Legend
did they put 1.1 on the clock? Dion touched the ball at about 1.4 and then Louisville touched the ball. They called timeout and Burr gave them the timeout with .04 or .05 max. And the ref signalled 1.1 right away before going to the monitor. What!

That was ridiculous. Dieng didn't even have the ball in his hands until 0.6.

I thought it should have been .3 or .4 but they must have given them a break it seems. All good though!

After seeing the how horrid the refs were all game it didn't suprise me a bit that they focked that up too

Honestly 1.1 and 0.6 are almost identical if you're gonna take one shot. As long as you catch it clean you'll get it off whether its 1.1 or 0.6

Honestly 1.1 and 0.6 are almost identical if you're gonna take one shot. As long as you catch it clean you'll get it off whether its 1.1 or 0.6
But it shouldn't have even been .06...It should've been .04 meaning only a tip-in could beat us. Game over.

Absolutely horrendous job by the officials on that play. They didn't even check the monitor.

it really should have been a violation on Dion anyway..
Everyone keeps saying that. Did Dion really leave early? Looked like he waited 'til it hit the rim? By the way, it appeared it me the Louisville players under the basket were unprepared, like they thought Dion was shooting two. And another thing, seemed like Dion kind of rushed his shot. He was jacked up and rushed it.

Everyone keeps saying that. Did Dion really leave early? Looked like he waited 'til it hit the rim? By the way, it appeared it me the Louisville players under the basket were unprepared, like they thought Dion was shooting two. And another thing, seemed like Dion kind of rushed his shot. He was jacked up and rushed it.

Totally rushed the shot. I was surprised to see him just kind of fire it up.

Totally rushed the shot. I was surprised to see him just kind of fire it up.

Because he was trying to miss. Also, I watched the replay again, 1.1.

If that was his intention (which I also think it was after watching it again) I was surprised JB didnt put at least one person on the line for a long rebound or at least to bunch things up.

How was there 1.1? I slowed it down. Dion touched the ball at 1.4!

If that was his intention (which I also think it was after watching it again) I was surprised JB didnt put at least one person on the line for a long rebound or at least to bunch things up.
I don't think JB will ever put anyone down on the blocks to rebound, but he really should have had Southerland or Keita guarding the inbounder. Not sure I have ever seen anyone leave the inbounder unguarded when they were frozen. Not a good play percentagewise.

did they put 1.1 on the clock? Dion touched the ball at about 1.4 and then Louisville touched the ball. They called timeout and Burr gave them the timeout with .04 or .05 max. And the ref signalled 1.1 right away before going to the monitor. What!
I was screaming...put someone on the player throwing the ball in? But what do I know...CUSE won LGO !! !!!

I liked not guarding the inbounder. Putting one more guy out there limits the other opposition; less chance a guy runs free when there are more defenders than offensive players.

Nevermind. I just watched it again in slo mo. Was less than 1.1. Probably .4.

Nevermind. I just watched it again in slo mo. Was less than 1.1. Probably .4.
Thank you! And again, the ref who didn't even signal the timeout (Burr granted the timeout) was indignant that there should be 1.1 on the clock BEFORE he went to the monitor. So...again...I say...What. Slo-mo Dion's shot too. He crosses the foul line AFTER the shot hits the rim.

Thank you! And again, the ref who didn't even signal the timeout (Burr granted the timeout) was indignant that there should be 1.1 on the clock BEFORE he went to the monitor. So...again...I say...What. Slo-mo Dion's shot too. He crosses the foul line AFTER the shot hits the rim.
It is incredible the blown calls down the stretch. Louisville got hosed in the first half then it started going slowly against us. I find it hard to believe that it is only a fan's bias that makes us see the ineptness. And why is nothing being done?

Louisville "pre-called" a time out in case of a miss is the way I thought it went down.

Haven't rewatched anything but I thought I saw a Card signal TO before the shot and the TV guys saying Pitino called one prior to he shot.

But, the crew was terrible still

Louisville "pre-called" a time out in case of a miss is the way I thought it went down.

Haven't rewatched anything but I thought I saw a Card signal TO before the shot and the TV guys saying Pitino called one prior to he shot.

But, the crew was terrible still
How the can you pre-call a timeout? If he tried to call a timeout before Dion shot, fine but once it's not granted, you need possession to call a timeout.

Waiters was fouled on several of the last few possessions and only one was called. Could have been three. Refs always seem to be a problem when we play Louisville.

I liked not guarding the inbounder. Putting one more guy out there limits the other opposition; less chance a guy runs free when there are more defenders than offensive players.

But since they will be under orders not to foul, there's not much defending they can do. It's much better to challenge the inbound pass and force them to throw it sideways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom