How to Make it Through the Dark Period | Syracusefan.com

How to Make it Through the Dark Period

BKCuse

Starter
I don’t have the answers but maybe someone does.

How can I keep myself out of the dark places I go to as Syracuse gets chewed up in this meat grinder of a stretch? Every year our 3 toughest opponents are in consecutive weeks. It’s like the ACC is intentionally sabotaging Syracuse. These meat grinders normally finish us as a team but it’s absolutely brutal on my psyche.

Is the ACC plotting against me?

I should unplug for 3 weeks and resurface to access the damage. But I’m too much of an addict.

If you’re a sicko like me you still subject yourself to all the podcasts, press conferences and media appearances hoping, searching, praying for a glimmer of hope. I’ve found none.

The big me knows we have “winnable” games at the back end of the schedule. But everyone else is getting better and we’re getting worse.

I’m looking forward to the bye so we can rest up, take a break from getting curb stomped and hopefully find new hope.

I’m also dreading the bye assuming we have to sit with 3 embarrassments and all the shame that comes with it. Food won’t taste as good. Sun won’t shine as bright. Life will have less zest.

Ahhh Syracuse football fandom, the gift that keeps on giving. I wish I could quit you SUFB I really do. But much to my wife’s chagrin… I can’t.

Last edited:
When the schedule was released, I saw the 3 game skid coming. I also saw injuries, and that's because our kids are smaller than our foes. The Clemsons, UNC's, and FSU's of the world get to feel the benefits of NIL. We don't have that at SU, which is unfortunate. Coulda, woulda, shoulda IF Adam W stayed, and wasn't given the boot... Hopefully, we can amass at least 2, if not 3, wins after the drubbing that'll be handed out by FSU. Time will tell, and I think that FSU's second & third string throws points on the board as well. Sigh... the weather will be crappy, but hopefully the booze will not during the game. :confused::(:vomit:

How can I keep myself out of the dark places I go to as Syracuse get chewed up in this meat grinder of a stretch? Every year our 3 toughest opponents are in consecutive weeks. It’s like the ACC is intentionally sabotaging Syracuse. These meat grinders normally finish us as a team but it’s absolutely brutal on my psyche.

I should unplug for 3 weeks and resurface to access the damage. But I’m too much of an addict.

If you’re a sicko like me you still subject yourself to all the podcasts, press conferences and media appearances hoping, searching, praying for a glimmer of hope. I’ve found none.

The big me knows we have “winnable” games at the back end of the schedule. But everyone else is getting better and we’re getting worse.

I’m looking forward to the bye so we can rest up, take a break from getting curb stomped and hopefully find new hope.

I’m also dreading the bye assuming we have to sit with 3 embarrassments and all the shame that comes with it. Food won’t taste as good. The sun won’t shine as bright. Life will have less zest.

Ahhh Syracuse football fandom, the gift that keeps on giving. I wish I could quit you SUFB I really do. But much to my wife’s chagrin… I can’t.

Maybe some of y'all need one of these...only in Orange of course.

411FtCiMcEL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

They're 4-2 and only lost to superior teams. This is all silly.
This whole week has been completely embarrassing in here. Lol. I know we are fanatics on a message board, but people have lost their minds after we laid a stinker against a great team. It’s like 75% that we win 8 flipping games this year. Heck, we’ll lose by 7-10 this Saturday for cripes sake.

And the whole “I’ve pivoted to hoops” crew, Ottointhegrotto and I will see you in hell

How can I keep myself out of the dark places I go to as Syracuse gets chewed up in this meat grinder of a stretch? Every year our 3 toughest opponents are in consecutive weeks. It’s like the ACC is intentionally sabotaging Syracuse. These meat grinders normally finish us as a team but it’s absolutely brutal on my psyche.

I’m also dreading the bye assuming we have to sit with 3 embarrassments and all the shame that comes with it. Food won’t taste as good. Sun won’t shine as bright. Life will have less zest.

Ahhh Syracuse football fandom, the gift that keeps on giving. I wish I could quit you SUFB I really do. But much to my wife’s chagrin… I
You watch because of hope and maybe a dream. You don't dare miss in case greatness happens. In your heart you know the odds are very long, but you know upsets do happen. How can you take a chance of missing one. You are not sick, you are just a fan.

You watch because of hope and maybe a dream. You don't dare miss in case greatness happens. In your heart you know the odds are very long, but you know upsets do happen. How can you take a chance of missing one. You are not sick, you are just a fan.
well said and put

I have a wedding Saturday. I hope I miss an amazing upset.

Either way

Most people don't know this but Butters was talking about Syracuse fandom

This whole week has been completely embarrassing in here. Lol. I know we are fanatics on a message board, but people have lost their minds after we laid a stinker against a great team. It’s like 75% that we win 8 flipping games this year. Heck, we’ll lose by 7-10 this Saturday for cripes sake.

And the whole “I’ve pivoted to hoops” crew, Ottointhegrotto and I will see you in hell
:quietly files nails:

in the movie LEGEND i do know that dark princess lili (mia sara) was way hotter than good lili.

Unknown.jpeg

OIP.RSoi8TAa5os64OdG2-Tk7AAAAA.jpeg

so there's that to look forward to.