How to Make it Through the Dark Period | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

How to Make it Through the Dark Period

Yes, I expected the line to be much higher than +17.5. That's respectable going up vs. #4 on the road. The line hasn't budged a bit this week. I'm surprised people haven't jumped at FSU -17.5. It's still early, we'll have to see what happens with the sharps late.

How do you get yourself out of the dark places you go to and that are brutal on your psyche?

For starters, unless you are a player, a coach, or a family member of either, it shouldn’t affect you to that degree. At least, you should not allow it to.

You are a fan, an alum, or both. However, you are not playing the games, you are not coaching the games, nor do you have any direct control on the outcome. Don’t let things drive you crazy that you have no control over.

Simply focus on the good things in your own life and if you need to minimize the bad football periods even more, just say this to yourself: the coach is the highest paid employee at SU and a lot of the players are being compensated to play. At minimum, all of them are getting a free financial ride through college. What does Dino make per year…$3M? More? Even at $3M, Dino is making $250K for each loss (each win too, but since we are focused on the losses…)

If that doesn’t snap you back to keeping your perspective on how much you should allow SU’s dry spells to impede on your mental health, I really have nothing more to tell you.

They're 4-2 and only lost to superior teams. This is all silly. Yes they laid a stinker but I have no reason to panic until I see them post bye.
It’s not the losses, it’s the horrible play.

If we played good and hung in the game and just fell short to better teams, everybody would be pretty happy and positive.

This whole week has been completely embarrassing in here. Lol. I know we are fanatics on a message board, but people have lost their minds after we laid a stinker against a great team. It’s like 75% that we win 8 flipping games this year. Heck, we’ll lose by 7-10 this Saturday for cripes sake.

And the whole “I’ve pivoted to hoops” crew, Ottointhegrotto and I will see you in hell
I’d feel a heck of a lot better about things if this happens.

I’d feel a heck of a lot better about things if this happens.
Yes!! I agree. I’m willing it into existence. I’ve done this before.

When I saw my wife across the room at the Dewittshire in ‘95 I said to my buddy “she will be my wife”. He said “that girl? No efffing way”. I’ve never done my own laundry since!

in the movie LEGEND i do know that dark princess lili (mia sara) was way hotter than good lili.

View attachment 232136
View attachment 232137

so there's that to look forward to.
But even better in Ferris Bueller. So we've got that going for this thread.

1697158718732.jpeg

But even better in Ferris Bueller. So we've got that going for this thread.

View attachment 232142

“The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural.”​

c'mon...honestly you can't tell me jeannie's evil sister wasn't way better in the sack.

867092c868d7d602ace9444a4af5cb48--barbara-eden-halloween-costume-ideas.jpg

( by the way the bottle was 1964 jim beam whiskey )

Last edited:
I am curious to see how long fans would be okay with “just missing” in these bigger games. If Syracuse came up short in 5-6 straight “big games” I wonder if the narrative would remain “well they’re close so it’s okay” or if it would quickly shift to “so and so can’t get us there.” Not saying it’s a bad mindset but an interesting thing to look back on if it ever happens.

This whole week has been completely embarrassing in here. Lol. I know we are fanatics on a message board, but people have lost their minds after we laid a stinker against a great team. It’s like 75% that we win 8 flipping games this year. Heck, we’ll lose by 7-10 this Saturday for cripes sake.

And the whole “I’ve pivoted to hoops” crew, Ottointhegrotto and I will see you in hell
You know what, YOU’RE EMBARRASING!

Dude, he's listed at 6'1" but I stood next to him and was looking down at him. And I'm 5'10" and he was wearing these honky cowboy boots with a 3 inch heel.