Howard and Moyer Playing for USA East Coast | Syracusefan.com

Howard and Moyer Playing for USA East Coast

iommi

Living Legend
First off, playing overseas against tough competition and being coached by Larry Brown could help these guys quite a bit.

Secondly, I don't know if this means anything but I find it interesting that Frank is listed as a senior on the roster. I assume the class standing is based on academics, as Moyer is a sophomore academically. However, why would Frank be listed as a senior? He hasn't redshirted. Could be a mistake, I guess. Am I missing something?

image.jpeg

You didn't miss anything, he is a junior by eligibility. Wouldn't make sense for them to list him as a senior by academics, if he's ahead [which he very easily could be, given the volume of summer classes these guys attend, before their freshman year and throughout].

You didn't miss anything, he is a junior by eligibility. Wouldn't make sense for them to list him as a senior by academics, if he's ahead [which he very easily could be, given the volume of summer classes these guys attend, before their freshman year and throughout].

Well, they're listing Matt as a sophomore and he's a freshman by eligibility. You think listing Howard as a senior is just a mistake?

First off, playing overseas against tough competition and being coached by Larry Brown could help these guys quite a bit.

Secondly, I don't know if this means anything but I find it interesting that Frank is listed as a senior on the roster. I assume the class standing is based on academics, as Moyer is a sophomore academically. However, why would Frank be listed as a senior? He hasn't redshirted. Could be a mistake, I guess. Am I missing something?

View attachment 106111

I'm for any extra experience these guys can get against decent competition. I didn't follow others teams closely as much as I usually do last year, so not sure what kind of challenge they will have to get playing time. I haven't heard of a lot of those other guys. Hopefully Frank and Matt will see some benefit - assuming the team doesn't get put on probation with Larry Brown as coach.

I'm for any extra experience these guys can get against decent competition. I didn't follow others teams closely as much as I usually do last year, so not sure what kind of challenge they will have to get playing time. I haven't heard of a lot of those other guys. Hopefully Frank and Matt will see some benefit - assuming the team doesn't get put on probation with Larry Brown as coach.

It's a thin roster. The Notre Dame guys are solid, especially Pflueger. The SU guys should play quite a bit.

Where the hell is Lycoming, and that dude must be pretty good to make it from that school.
2 from Lycoming on the roster!
(and not sure where it is or what div they're in)

It's a thin roster. The Notre Dame guys are solid, especially Pflueger. The SU guys should play quite a bit.

Who's playing PF other than Moyer? Looks like lots of wings and guards. If Frank plays a lot that's a great sign.

Yep, Melo's game actually fits FIBA/Olympic format better than NBA.

Melo was the most effective scorer on that team in the Pre-lims. He and Lebron gave Brown the youth and enthusiasm the team needed. But when it came to play for real, he became NBA Larry Brown and buried the rookies.

Too bad -- would like to see Howard get as many structured, organized games as he can in, to knock the ring rust off of him after not playing while having to recuperate from his injury.

Do we know what happened? Too bad as I think it would have been great for him.

Passport issues? As in he didn't have one and realized too late that he needed one? The coach says it was a "time-frame" issue.

Don't want to jump to conclusion but I'm generally hoping that this kid gets his sh#t together.

Passport issues? As in he didn't have one and realized too late that he needed one? The coach says it was a "time-frame" issue.

Don't want to jump to conclusion but I'm generally hoping that this kid gets his sh#t together.
Maybe he is still recovering from his off season surgery. Agree, it would have been great for him to get more experience. Oh well...

Members of Congress have the power to expedite issuance of passports. Surely staff knows that they could get a passport quickly.

Last edited:
Maybe he is still recovering from his off season surgery. Agree, it would have been great for him to get more experience. Oh well...

Waters says it's not related to his offseason surgery. He could have a new injury.

Not an encouraging development. Hard to believe logistics could be the problem since there is another SU player traveling, but who knows. There are many reasons why this could have happened, no sense jumping to negative conclusions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom