Howard bashing... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Howard bashing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syracuse's major impact on this tourney was our tough D. You really think frank wasn't a major, major contributor to that ?
It’s zone defense. You make it seem like he was taking each teams best player and shutting them down. JB is the architect of the defense. I give him 100% credit. He runs it at a high level during the tourney. That defense has been great well before frank and will run the same until JB retires. You could plug any tall guard with some athletic ability.

What is more frustrating is overall I don’t even dislike frank.

Things sometimes turn out to be more complicated than they seem, but my simple prognostication for this team next year is.

If you add offense to this teams defense, and at least 4 starters on that defense are coming back, you have the recipe for a very good team.

Yes and we wasted lots of time passing back forth with nobody doing anything up top doing so.

while frank and tyus were passing it back and forth go watch what the other 3 guys were doing, thus what we were trying to do as dukes defense was sliding back and forth.

Obviously this has been a very successful season. Amazing actually. IMO, the D was mostly pretty awesome in the Tourney and the O, well, it was play not to lose. Grind em out, hold on for dear life, etc. Probably the right move.

I just hope Carey, Bazely, etc., will be able to help Frank with ballhandling. I’m guessing (hoping) that transition game will return when Carey has the ball since Frank’s speed and ballhandling in the open court is suspect. Hopefully he can spend a little time at the 2. Nothing wrong with that!

Great season. These guys need to rest!! Getting to the S16 was SO huge for the program right now. Momentum is picking back up. LGO!

Last edited:
Tough crowd! Frank didn't have a great game tonight but what PG have we had with fewer options? Every pass he made this year had a low chance of connecting and an even lower chances of producing a basket. Frankly, I'm not sure Sherm does significantly better on this team.

Tough crowd! Frank didn't have a great game tonight but what PG have we had with fewer options? Every pass he made this year had a low chance of connecting and an even lower chances of producing a basket. Frankly, I'm not sure Sherm does significantly better on this team.

A Sherm or Flynn instantly makes this team better, IMO. A dude who can get into the paint at will against any D and collapse it will make life SO much easier. Those guys aren’t gonna be standing around pounding the rock into the ground before we finally start doing something under 10 sec left on the SC.

A Sherm or Flynn instantly makes this team better, IMO. A dude who can get into the paint at will against any D and collapse it will make life SO much easier. Those guys aren’t gonna be standing around pounding the rock into the ground before we finally start doing something under 10 sec left on the SC.
Sherm was a little quicker but how many teams let him get into the lane if you trade Seikaly for Chuk and Coleman for Marek or Matt?

Sherm was a little quicker but how many teams let him get into the lane if you trade Seikaly for Chuk and Coleman for Marek or Matt?
That team would be so good, that in today's hoops, you could put in Bayer for Sherm and still have a shot.

Frank Howard makes some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen from an SU pg, and I struggled through the Scoop Jardine years.

He’s not a leader and cannot be the point guard on a national championship caliber team next season.

Point blank. Sorry if that’s hard for some of you to come to terms with.

My thoughts exactly!

Howard was not the problem tonight. Howard was not the problem this season. Anybody who disagrees, please reply to this and let me know you think he was our issue. That way, I'll know whose opinion is absolute garbage because they don't understand basketball.

I disagree but I know a heck of a lot about basketball coming from a family where my dad coached for 35 years and then I played and coached myself, not to mention an avid fan. That doesn't make me right and you wrong but it is absolute garbage that you think people don't understand basketball if they disagree with you.

Frank's shooting percentage and choice of shots have been absolutely abysmal and he has lapses which not indicative of a very successful point guard. I am not knocking his defense and was glad to see him trim the turnovers but his Assist to TO ratio is not stellar and he just doesn't seem to be able to make the right decisions on a consistent basis. Howard wasn't the only reason for the loss tonight but I sure hope we have a better option next year.

I think Frank gets a little less credit than he deserves.

With that being said, he absolutely makes some maddening decisions. Sometimes on his own, sometimes bc of a little help from his friends. He's too careless with the ball and will take high risk plays too often.

But, he can be a terrific passer, solid shooter, good defender and a FIGHTER.

That wrist has been bothering him for at least half the season. A strong hand wrist injury for a PG isn't easy.

Great season for a kid who was basically banished last year.

I didnt think Howard was good last night on offense. During those stretches where the team got sloppy and Duke made their runs, he didnt do enough to assert himself, control the pace, and make better decisions. Having said that, I think he will be an All-ACC pg next year.

Chuk made 4 Fgs. One off a beautiful bounce pass from Frank and a couple off of lobs from Frank. So, even if all three of his TOs were on bad lob passes, what is wrong with a 50% percentage to get our center, who has no hands, involved in the O ? And, if all three of his TOs were off of bad lobs, that means he played a perfect game TO wise in every other aspect.
Frank played like a high-risk/high-reward point guard last night, which is a bit uncharacteristic for him. When MCW ran the point like that, lots of people here drooled over him.

I think everybody is grown up. I think some ppl see the game different. I thought frank was pleasantly surprising during the season overall but had a bad tourney. Could blame it on the strep throat last week but overall I think he didn’t have a major positive impact on the tourney.
LOL. Just LOL.

I think some ppl just can't put aside their agendas and see through them when reality doesn't support them. Did Frank play a perfect game last night? No. Is he as horrendously bad as you (and several other posters here think)? Not even close. Maybe you should take a year's vacation, because Frank will be out PG next year. Save yourself the agita.

You don't think he had a major positive impact on the tourney? Laughable.

Ah MCW with all those jump in the air.. ooops who am I going to pass it to..turnovers that everyone drooled over lol. Frank was certainly recruited here with MCW in mind, but MCW he is not and he cannot control the game like MCW did. Frank had a good year, but he did not have a good tourney or game last night. Besides the decision making, there was a clear lack of hustle on some loose balls (one in particular late in the second half that made me almost break something). I would much rather him slide to the 2 and make someone else play point and be the primary ball handler. I know he will start at the 1 though. However, I hope Carey is able to log a chunk of time at the point.

I am seeing a lot of it in various threads. Frank was a huge part of this tournament run. It is our D up top that is particularly tough. Well who does everybody think plays next to Ty ??

So, the kid could have shot better. He had 8 boards and 5 assists. That shows heart and effort. Maybe, he felt his shot was off, so he didn't force things & only took six.

Our O was efficient tonight - we shot 49%. We had strong entry passes to the high post, we had some effective lobs. Who do you think had a big part in orchestrating all of that ?

people complain about a few stray lobs - Frank only had three of sixteen TOs.

Personally, I think too many TOs was the big deciding factor, but that wasn't any more on Frank than it was on the team as a whole.

Some posters here need to grow up and appreciate what a remarkable post-season turn-around we had with an undermanned, under talented squad.

Any Frank bashing is certifiable insane. Thank god i haven't seen any (i haven't looked) but it should absolutely be handled with a 1 week suspension.

Bash the refs for their 1st half performance. Not Frank.

The fact that you actually feel the need to post garbage like this as evidence of why a guy on our team isn't up to some impossible standard is exactly why I don't ever read this side of the message board. What a worthless cheap shot.

Ok, pretend it doesn't exist and move on with your life. See ya.

Any Frank bashing is certifiable insane. Thank god i haven't seen any (i haven't looked) but it should absolutely be handled with a 1 week suspension.

Bash the refs for their 1st half performance. Not Frank.

Plenty of it in this thread alone.

Ok, pretend it doesn't exist and move on with your life. See ya.
Frank Howard wasn't the reason Cuse lost last night. Cuse lost last night because Bagley couldn't miss and Cuse didn't have quite enough on offense to keep up. It's not anyone's fault, just the way the season played out. Accept that and move on with your life. See ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom