howard | Syracusefan.com

howard

He played in the 2nd... I think JB knew he needed offense in the Ned half and he was going with his seniors and Mali... I can't blame him. Btw Howard was in for the press at the end of the game.

Howard has stretches of greatness, but other times he has questionable judgement and is loose with the ball.

He threw a moronic alley oop to the stands when we were on the verge of taking control of the game.

That's why he didn't play anymore

Bingo.

Honestly, if we lost I was going to hang my hat on that as a HUGE turning point in the game. The pass was there, but we had momentum, and it was too high risk in that situation. The Zags went on big run right after that too just to highlight the error.

I think he could have come back in, but I get why he didn't. I do think his defense is very good considering sooo many people said it's awful and he couldn't play this year because of it.

I had no problem with the end of first half shot, I know many did, but I think if you don't want that shot - don't let him have the ball there. It didn't seem like a dreadful decision, it's what opened up.

That pass though. Head shaker. And that, as you say, is why he never came back except to press.

Absolutely terrible coaching decision to bench him. That's all I will say about that. Glad we got the W.

Yeah, very easy for people to say "obviously it was a good decision - we won, and the people who played over him made plays" (and you know some will), but that's just wrong.

We built a lead with Howard in, he defended well, and our offense worked. He came out and, as usual, it stalled. We won in spite of relying on Mike to make wild charges toward the basket, not because of it.

he played so the 3 shooters could have energy at the end. if you put him in cooney doesnt hit the 3 and get the steal on the press.

He threw a moronic alley oop to the stands when we were on the verge of taking control of the game.

its that same confidence that allows him to make all the other great plays he does. You arent going to get only good from a freshman or anyone for that matter. most of the time his high risk, high reward plays are worth it. id rather have him throw it out of bounds than a live ball turnover.

its that same confidence that allows him to make all the other great plays he does. You arent going to get only good from a freshman or anyone for that matter. most of the time his high risk, high reward plays are worth it. id rather have him throw it out of bounds than a live ball turnover.

Great point, kid was super active on 50/50 balls, some great dishes...we're not getting that from anyone else on the court. You're going to get an errant pass once in a bit - that was a bad one, but **** happens.

He'll be great for us next year. Hopefully if he does make those bone headed plays, he gets pulled for a little bit and Kaleb Joseph comes in for him and the light turns on.

Something to hope for.

played a great first half do not know why he did not play after that---he is going to be a great one for us as will be lydon. roberson was fantastic. cooney earned his money tonite as well

Forget tonight! I just can't imagine how HUGE this year's tournament run will be for Howard's success next season!

The young kid has become a man right before our eyes!

FRANK THE TANK!!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Yup, and then he looked shaky when they were pressuring him too. It was a good time to pull him out. After that Malachi at least got it going a little bit. Cooney was playing well. And Gbinije obviously needed to be out there.

That wasn't a 17 footer though. He was less than 10 feet on that one. It was a good shot, just didn't fall. Lots of other guys had shots that didn't fall tonight.

He was not less than 10 feet on that, maybe it was 15.5 feet. It was not a good shot, even the three he made wasn't a good shot.

Attachments

• Howard.jpg
    Howard.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online