howard | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

howard

That wasn't a 17 footer though. He was less than 10 feet on that one. It was a good shot, just didn't fall. Lots of other guys had shots that didn't fall tonight.

Am i stoned or are people still making a big deal out of that missed shot at the end of the half? What? it was a good shot. he had already hit two. he was wide open. big deal he missed it, half over...no time left for them. nothing to see here

He was not less than 10 feet on that, maybe it was 15.5 feet. It was not a good shot, even the three he made wasn't a good shot.

That's a nice graphic and all, but that's not where the shot was taken.

How the F can you say, now, that a made 3, where he was straight on to the basket, was not a good shot? What the hell does that even mean?

That's a nice graphic and all, but that's not where the shot was taken.

How the F can you say, now, that a made 3, where he was straight on to the basket, was not a good shot? What the hell does that even mean?

That is exactly where the shot was taken, I watched it, and I took that from ESPN.

This is a strange concept, but the quality of a shot shouldn't be judged by whether or not it goes on, but percentage it does before it is shot. The number of shots Howard has made away from the can be counted on one had. The three tonight and the long 2 against MTSU weren't good shots, it was great they went in, but Howard shouldn't have shot them.

That is exactly where the shot was taken, I watched it, and I took that from ESPN.

This is a strange concept, but the quality of a shot shouldn't be judged by whether or not it goes on, but percentage it does before it is shot. The number of shots Howard has made away from the can be counted on one had. The three tonight and the long 2 against MTSU weren't good shots, it was great they went in, but Howard shouldn't have shot them.

Thanks JB. We appreciate your comments here as well.

He threw a moronic alley oop to the stands when we were on the verge of taking control of the game.

That's why he didn't play anymore
You know who else used to air mail an alley oop into the 2nd row once in a while?

upload_2016-3-26_1-24-35.jpeg

Yeah, I went there!

He'll be great for us next year. Hopefully if he does make those bone headed plays, he gets pulled for a little bit and Kaleb Joseph comes in for him and the light turns on.

Something to hope for.
Nope. It'd be criminal for KJ to play 1 minute at Frankie's expense.

He was 2-2 when he took that. Going back to last game, he'd made his last 3 jumpers.

1. Maybe he's not as bad of a shooter as you think he is(poor %, but very small sample size. 2. Maybe, his jumper is coming around and improving?

Wide open jumper with the clock running down...in a game where we really struggled getting anything near the rim with Gonzaga's size inside and on a play where they had our other perimeter players locked down. Big deal.

I think JB knew he needed offense in the Ned half and he was going with his seniors.
That statement makes no sense if you watched the game. Without Howard our offense devolved into our guards forcing drives to the basket. It almost becomes unwatchable.

The problem isn't that he missed the jumper, and the issue isn't what % he was to hit it. Boeheim was clearly upset, which tells you that he didn't execute the play as it was designed. I'd assume he was supposed to drive and dish or try to get to the line.

So the issue isn't his shot selection or missing it, it's probably that he didn't listen to Boeheim.

Am i stoned or are people still making a big deal out of that missed shot at the end of the half? What? it was a good shot. he had already hit two. he was wide open. big deal he missed it, half over...no time left for them. nothing to see here
I rewound it on the DVR at half time and I didn't see many other options for him either.
Nobody else was really moving to get to an open spot.
The only other thing he maybe could have down was drive a bit deeper and possibly draw a defender which might have opened up TRob on the inside or G on the wing.
Or he could have gotten in too deep and not gotten a shot off at all or a turnover.
As it was, Roberson was able to rebound and very nearly had a put back.

The shot clock was winding down to about 3 seconds on the 3 that he shot if I remember correctly.

played a great first half do not know why he did not play after that---he is going to be a great one for us as will be lydon. roberson was fantastic. cooney earned his money tonite as well
Easy with the money reference. I'm sure the Ncaa is looking for any reason to take this away from us

Syracuse played its best offense of the the first half when Howard was in with G playing the wing.
He will no doubt get opportunities on Sunday

That wasn't a 17 footer though. He was less than 10 feet on that one. It was a good shot, just didn't fall. Lots of other guys had shots that didn't fall tonight.
I could have strangled Howard at the end of the first half when he took that shot. He had Lydon wide open on the pick and pop and didn't pass it to him. I'm surprised the ball wasn't in G's hands. He would have made the right play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom