Howard | Syracusefan.com

Howard

phil77

Hall of Fame
We have to burn that shirt right? No way he doesn't play more than 4 games. He is a BEAST. He made a nice catch also that got me by surprised. 5 for 55 on the ground tonight. Looked outstanding. Was a real spark.

As a pure running back, he is without any doubt, to me, our best back. How he does in pass protection, and reads will determine how much pt he gets.
At any rate...burn the shirt. What a 1-2 punch we could have with him and Adams next year...oh yeah, and Neal too.

If he keeps this up, then he won't be here past his junior year anyway. There is no reason to keep his shirt intact.

If he keeps this up, then he won't be here past his junior year anyway. There is no reason to keep his shirt intact.

Lol, but seriously, how did he the southern teams let him leave thw deep south

I want to say burn it, but do we have enough carries.
I still like what Neal and Strick bring to the table, but Strick has not been producing the YPC we need to be successful.
Just spitballing but maybe Neal/Howard split carries and we get Strick to the slot?

I want to say burn it, but do we have enough carries.
I still like what Neal and Strick bring to the table, but Strick has not been producing the YPC we need to be successful.
Just spitballing but maybe Neal/Howard split carries and we get Strick to the slot?

That'd be my preference. Still think Strickland can contribute to the team but in a different role than RB

No reason to save it. He’s shown he can play now. Plus, you need at least 3 running backs.

Our run game looks very strong for next year with Adams coming into the fold and Neal still here

Yeah this young man is physically ready for carries and when he gets to the second level he brings the pain. Burn the shirt, get him regular snaps and maybe a goal line package and next year you have Howard and Abdul ready to roll with Moe. Invariably a runner gets injured, so having another back with quality touches is a good thing.

That point in the game where Johnson had the big gain where he exploded down the sideline, Howard had his long run, and DeVito was slinging nice passes all over the place...I was giddy with excitement. That’s 3 young players who were breaking the game open.

Abdul and the MSU transfer WR eligible next year!

Last edited:
Play Howard this year. Howard, Neal, and Strickland all have a role to play. Howard could be something special. Don't forget about Piere either. Like the depth we have at RB.

Plus he took a swing pass 16 yards

Crazy a talent like that from the Deep South feel into our laps

Alright, hang on.

Fair to say at this point we can be excited.

But making Howard an early entry NFL draft selection right now is a bit overboard.

Let's just let him keep learning and develop.

Watching that replay of Howard’s big run, he did something our other backs have difficulty doing. He BROKE A TACKLE! He made a man miss and that’s the difference. Think of how many times we have seen a gap and our backs can’t break an arm tackle to make that 3 yard gain a 20 yard gain. Howard is a beast. I would love it for him to keep his role as 2nd half enforcer.

Alright, hang on.

Fair to say at this point we can be excited.

But making Howard an early entry NFL draft selection right now is a bit overboard.

Let's just let him keep learning and develop.

It's less of a statement about Jarveon and more about the realities of being a RB in modern football. I don't blame any RB for trying to leave early, even if they are a fringe draft pick. Regardless, RBs generally don't stick around for five years. I guess I should have said, he won't be here past his RS Junior year anyway.

It's less of a statement about Jarveon and more about the realities of being a RB in modern football. I don't blame any RB for trying to leave early, even if they are a fringe draft pick. Regardless, RBs generally don't stick around for five years. I guess I should have said, he won't be here past his RS Junior year anyway.
I get the "RBs have a very limited shelf life" thing.

I'm approaching this more from what billsin01 posted recently regarding how few skill players we've had drafted for a loooong time - Observations on SU's NFL draft history

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom