How's Inaugural ACC season Going??? | Syracusefan.com

How's Inaugural ACC season Going???

3UNCdooksux

Walk On
Welcome 'Cuse fans! Since you all are in the Atlantic we won't play you often in football. As the ides of your inaugural ACC season dawn I was wondering how it has been going so far? I know you had to go to the dump of mooU to their stadium-in-the-cow-pasture. Hopefully you weren't robbed of your mental acuity while there. I posted a similar thread on the PITT board and was wanting to hear some of your thoughts and opinions also as to how your experience to the ACC has been thus far. GO HEELS!!

is this heaven.jpg

No. It's the ACC

Weird reception

http://syracusefan.com/threads/nc-st-trip-report.59446/

BTW, are you guys figuring we'll be your new #2 rival in Hoops behind Duke? Or is it going to be NCSt?

As much as I respect Syracuse, nobody will ever take Duke's or State's places as our No 1 and No 2 hoops rivals. We want to beat them more than anybody else each season. The proximity and familiarity just cannot be replaced. Even by a program as storied as SU.

You guys will be up there, maybe as high as No 3. :)

Obviously we consider dook our rival and don't really have a number 2. The cow college folks aren't considered a rival as much as they are a nuisance. We don't get overly excited to beat them, we just don't want to lose to them because then we have to hear their mooU mouths. Because of the lack of not necessarily wanting to beat them over anyone else, we don't class them as a rival. Across the board, we consider dook the rival. In football, the team we most want to beat is ncsu and for that aspect they are probably considered a rival but otherwise and annoyance. I know you all have issues with the lunacy that is Pack Pride :)
GO HEELS!!

As much as I respect Syracuse, nobody will ever take Duke's or State's places as our No 1 and No 2 hoops rivals. We want to beat them more than anybody else each season. The proximity and familiarity just cannot be replaced. Even by a program as storied as SU.

You guys will be up there, maybe as high as No 3. :)

SU does (not) need the rivalry, just the #1 spot in the league.

Last edited:
As a NY transplant to NC this is heaven.

As an Orange fan, we get a bright future for all sports.

You will find that we travel well in BB and we will surprise you in football.

Having a Tarheel Alum daughter it is good that we will not play that often!

While I missed the Clemson game reports are that the Clemson fans were classy and I must say we were treated well at NC State. Several groups were gracious in congratulating us on the walk back to the car.

While it will take a few years to develop a true rivalry - usually something has to happen in an important game to start those up - I suspect that it will either be Clemson or Louisville in football. In basketball it almost has to be Louisville (NC and Duke are taken).

We are soooooooooo glad to be in the ACC!
Thanks for your post.

Kind of nice to be in the company of legit football programs...rather than the USFs Rutgers and Uconns of the world.

Miami, SU, VT, Pitt, BC, Louisville (to follow), Notre Dame... We're taking over.

Last edited:
Miami, SU, VT, Pitt, BC, Louisville (to follow), Notre Dame... We're taking over.
I think I would class it differently. More like being invited into an elite club as opposed to a coup. :) Just a nicer connotation in perspective.