HS prospects will now have unlimited official visits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

HS prospects will now have unlimited official visits

I imagine you’d have to be invited and are being recruited by that university, right? Wrong?
Yea because every cent on an official visit, including transportation and lodging, is on the school’s dime.

Yeah, the audacity. Who am I to suggest that if a school doesn’t want to a host a kid they shouldn’t. Name me 1 reason a kid visiting a school is bad. I obviously recognize regular students aren’t paid to visit schools, but they’re free to look 100 times if they’d like. If a school is willing to lay out the funds to have them visit, why should a student athlete be limited by some arbitrary number.
You’re really overthinking this.

Ugh these “final” lists are gonna get so much more ridiculous
My final list if I was a high school recruit with unlimited visits would be:

1. HawaiI (never been there)
2. UNLV (like gambling)
3. UCLA or University of San Diego (beautiful area close to Mexico)
4. University of Florida (party school)
5. Miami Florida (not Ohio at least at this time) (bigger party school)
6. St. John’s, NY (NYC) or Syracuse (party school)
7. UNC or Duke (see what the Triangle Research Park offers)
8. University of Texas (party school)
9. University of Arizona (go where the money is)
10. Kansas (go where more of the money is)
11. Alaska-Anchorage (like Alaska)
12. University of New Orleans (close to Bourbon Street than where I live)

BTW, the schools are playing for my visits??

Also, should include an indifference to academic standing because that would not be a factor in these trips.

Wait, are folks really upset with this? Only a few sports had this restriction. Your own son or daughter trying to determine which college to go to would not have this restriction. So, why would these students who happened to possess certain athletic ability to play one of these sports have a restriction on visits. The original rule made no sense.
They could always go on as many unofficial trips as they wanted. Regular students looking at colleges aren't on trips paid for by the schools they are visiting.
Unofficial visits are the equivalent of non athletes college visits.

My final list if I was a high school recruit with unlimited visits would be:

1. HawaiI (never been there)
2. UNLV (like gambling)
3. UCLA or University of San Diego (beautiful area close to Mexico)
4. University of Florida (party school)
5. Miami Florida (not Ohio at least at this time) (bigger party school)
6. St. John’s, NY (NYC) or Syracuse (party school)
7. UNC or Duke (see what the Triangle Research Park offers)
8. University of Texas (party school)
9. University of Arizona (go where the money is)
10. Kansas (go where more of the money is)
11. Alaska-Anchorage (like Alaska)
12. University of New Orleans (close to Bourbon Street than where I live)

BTW, the schools are playing for my visits??

Also, should include an indifference to academic standing because that would not be a factor in these trips.
Don't forget Pepperdine in Malibu.

Every student can have unlimited payed college visits? Man did I screw up.
This is such a joke if an issue. Why is it bad? Same comment 5 times over yet not a single person has brought up one valid reason these kids SHOUDLNT get as many officials as they’d like. People just bitch for the sake of bitching

This is such a joke if an issue. Why is it bad? Same comment 5 times over yet not a single person has brought up one valid reason these kids SHOUDLNT get as many officials as they’d like. People just bitch for the sake of bitching
I never said it was bad. Perhaps when you’re done being outraged at other people’s outrage (not mine) you can reread the thread.

Athletes were entitled to take as many visits as they wanted under the old rules as long as they payed their way. Just like anyone else. They were allowed 5 payed visits. Apparently they can take infinite visits now and I could care less. More power to them.

I never said it was bad. Perhaps when you’re done being outraged at other people’s outrage (not mine) you can reread the thread.

Athletes were entitled to take as many visits as they wanted under the old rules as long as they payed their way. Just like anyone else. They were allowed 5 payed visits. Apparently they can take infinite visits now and I could care less. More power to them.
Your comment, similar to one made 7 other times, just happened to be the latest one so I asked the question. If you don’t care, you don’t have to answer

You are picking a weird hill to troll on

Here's an article on this topic from ACCrx: NCAA Recruiting Changes for 2023.

It will benefit schools outside of recruiting hotbeds with money to spend on recruiting. Southern teams have had the biggest recruiting budgets, but that may change now that Northern schools can fly in as many recruits as they wish. The article specifically calls out Syracuse and BC as schools that will benefit from the new rule. It doesn't mention this, but I could see it helping since we recruit the DMV hard. The BIG will benefit. It will help the rich get richer. Smaller programs won't be able to wine and dine as many recruits as better monied programs. But on the other hand, maybe more recruits will be willing to visit smaller programs and might like what they see. Smaller schools will have to be more selective because getting an OV won't mean the recruit necessarily has a high level of interest in the school anymore.