HS prospects will now have unlimited official visits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

HS prospects will now have unlimited official visits

For a 17 year old it could be three or four.
disappointed season 3 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

If you look at most HD kids how many schools do they go visit? 5 would probably be on the high side. 5 also controls spending and in many ways helped some kids because it forced schools to be more selective on who they offered visits too.

Schools should fight back on this. Don't give a kid an official if he/she has already taken 5 other ones.

Schools will also probably want to limit the number of officials they can offer based on how many officials they have hosted in the past.

But all these new "rules" have been absolutely horrible

Schools should fight back on this. Don't give a kid an official if he/she has already taken 5 other ones.

Schools will also probably want to limit the number of officials they can offer based on how many officials they have hosted in the past.

Then you’re opening yourself up to collusion lawsuit.

Your own son or daughter wasn’t getting a free, all-expenses-paid trip to said schools on those schools dime, that’s why.

Student-Athletes are free to visit as many schools as they like, just like every other student.
On their own dime.

Who cares about a couple grand here or there for some recruit visits. This is the least of the problems. Keep in mind this wasn't a rule for all sports, just the major ones.

Regular students can visit every school in the country if they want, why shouldn’t athletes?
LOL - do regular students get their transportation, food and accommodations paid by the university?

If a school doesn’t want to pay for a kid to visit, then don’t pay for them to visit.

If a kid is good enough that 15 different schools want to bring him in for a visit, and he wants to visit all those schools, I say good for him.

If a school doesn’t want to pay for a kid to visit, then don’t pay for them to visit.

If a kid is good enough that 15 different schools want to bring him in for a visit, and he wants to visit all those schools, I say good for him.
Right? This has no impact besides letting schools waste more money on weekends of $1,500 meals with recruits and their families. Who cares

Right? This has no impact besides letting schools waste more money on weekends of $1,500 meals with recruits and their families. Who cares
These schools have been ripping off poor students with BS parking tickets and the like for decades. They can pay up, for all I care.

NCAA letting kids play in summer rec leagues yet? When they do, they owe Billy Edelin some $.

Your brain must work differently than most
Yeah, the audacity. Who am I to suggest that if a school doesn’t want to a host a kid they shouldn’t. Name me 1 reason a kid visiting a school is bad. I obviously recognize regular students aren’t paid to visit schools, but they’re free to look 100 times if they’d like. If a school is willing to lay out the funds to have them visit, why should a student athlete be limited by some arbitrary number.