Huggy Bear resigns | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more transfers out of WVU in addition to Tre Mitchell. Would assume Kerr to Illinois because their previous transfer PG commit just decommited

Honestly, I think Kerr leaving WVU might make it more appealing for Jesse to stay. Dude never saw a shot he didn't like.

For the players that transferred to WVU for the NIL money, why would they look to transfer again because the coach was fired? I wouldn't think the NIL money is tied to the coach.

For the players that transferred to WVU for the NIL money, why would they look to transfer again because the coach was fired? I wouldn't think the NIL money is tied to the coach.

As has been discussed- specific achievements associated with that NIL money that have to be met.

There's NIL money at most high majors. WVU's NIL is really good, but I think it was a combo of premium NIL money and a good team with a well-established coach that attracted these guys. I think a lot of guys would take a small haircut in NIL to be on a winning tournament team instead of an embarrassing dumpster fire. And there's teams out there that are viewing this as a last minute opportunity to improve the roster and will probably throw whatever surplus they have at it.

No doubt in my mind Jesse‘s dad is going to use this opportunity to get more money from WVU or some other power program in need of a big.
I lost all respect for Holland until I realized he's from London. Classic.

No doubt in my mind Jesse‘s dad is going to use this opportunity to get more money from WVU or some other power program in need of a big.
C'mon WVU isn't a Power.....maybe a power shortage......but then again Jesse isn't really a big either, so more power to him and WVU!!

Bit confused with what he's actually been doing all these years in Morgantown; yet just recently named an assistant. Would this be like Devo becoming head coach a year after he was hired as an assistant?

Bit confused with what he's actually been doing all these years in Morgantown; yet just recently named an assistant. Would this be like Devo becoming head coach a year after he was hired as an assistant?
West Virginia
Video Coordinator
2007-13

Coordinator/Director of Basketball Operations
2013-22

Interim Assistant Coach
2016-17

Assistant Athletics Director for Basketball Operations

Assistant Coach
2022-23

Interim Head Coach
2023-24

West Virginia
Video Coordinator
2007-13

Coordinator/Director of Basketball Operations
2013-22

Interim Assistant Coach
2016-17

Assistant Athletics Director for Basketball Operations

Assistant Coach
2022-23

Interim Head Coach
2023-24
Again, seems weird that he is the senior assistant.

I heard a number that they try to throw At the FAU coach and it was insane. He will end up at WVU or bigger program next year
I wonder if this will be a trend for the coming decade. Lots of programs upping their game, to position themselves in the best possible way for the Conference realignment endgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom