Huggy Bear resigns | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pay Jesse an extra 80K, or whatever the cost is for a year these days, on top of the original NIL offer. Would be cool to have the best walkon in all of College basketball.

And if nobody wants to voluntarily leave, then what? It’s June.
brando.jpg

Pay Jesse an extra 80K, or whatever the cost is for a year these days, on top of the original NIL offer. Would be cool to have the best walkon in all of College basketball.

Some kind of NIL scheme would work better than telling someone to leave. But then other players are here under the premise Jesse was gone.

Jesse better hope that Huggins doesn’t get fired.

The team was getting bankrolled to send Huggy out on a high note. And that donor might want to spend that money on the next coach instead of keeping a roster together for an interim.

He was never going to get everything he was promised anyways but I would be sweating quite a damn bit if I’m in the Edward’s house today.

The team was getting bankrolled to send Huggy out on a high note. And that donor might want to spend that money on the next coach instead of keeping a roster together for an interim.

He was never going to get everything he was promised anyways but I would be sweating quite a damn bit if I’m in the Edward’s house today.
Huggy will be fired by the end of the weekend.

I’m just saying if he really wanted to come back I feel Syracuse should figure out a way to have him back it makes no sense not to
It actually does make sense. Syracuse gave their word to 13 other kids because of the decision Jesse and his dad made. To reneg on that now would hurt us down the road a lot more than Jesse coming back would help. I liked Jesse a lot. But the coaches actually asked him, "do you want to be here or not?" His answer was obviously no. And then he knocked us on the way out the door. I wish he was still here but I wouldn't cut another kid that wanted to be here to take him back.

And for those wanting us to cut a kid to bring Jesse back, you get to do that once. Whether it is sports, Life or business. And no one ever trusts you again. Word gets around about how much your word means and how much you can be trusted.

WVU leadership said the “next time“ he would be fired. But they didn’t specify if that meant another prejudicial comment or putting innocent lives in danger on roadways.
He's already done both more than once!

I can see why keeping him might be good business for the basketball team but I can't imagine keeping him is good business for the University as a whole. Right now everyone in the country is making West Virginia jokes based on his behavior reinforcing negative stereotypes about that state. I can't imagine continuing to employ him, but I said that last time too.

And for those wanting us to cut a kid to bring Jesse back, you get to do that once. Whether it is sports, Life or business. And no one ever trusts you again. Word gets around about how much your word means and how much you can be trusted.
I was waiting for someone more intelligent than myself to make this point. And we're also talking about a first year head coach, who is trying to build his reputation, who would be doing that.

He's done. Best Jesse can hope for is the Assistant who steps in runs a functional enough team he still showcases himself for the next level. Good luck sport

I was waiting for someone more intelligent than myself to make this point. And we're also talking about a first year head coach, who is trying to build his reputation, who would be doing that.
I don't know about the more intelligent part. But thanks anyway. Think about how unhappy the board gets when a kid flips on us. Now picture the high school world when word gets out that we flipped on a player on our team?

And yet there is a litany of top coaches who would do it. Didn't Pitino just sign Simeon Wilcher when he already had 13. You know Self would do it. Coach K. Cal. It's all about winning. They routinely recruit over players.

And yet there is a litany of top coaches who would do it. Didn't Pitino just sign Simeon Wilcher when he already had 13. You know Self would do it. Coach K. Cal. It's all about winning. They routinely recruit over players.
I don't know who would do what. I will have to take your word for it that St johns was over the limit. When has Cal and Self done anything like take a player when they have 13 in June of that year? Either you run an honorable business, team or life, or you don't. Because some others might do something, isn't a answer for what you should do. This isn't a close call. If someone were to leave or quit on their own, that is one thing. But that isn't what we are talking about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.