Huggy Bear resigns | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Huggy Bear resigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coach Boeheim will be taking over immediately, lifetime contract has been signed.
I’d be lying if I didn’t think that was the first (funny) thing that jumped into my mind.

JB forced to retire takes over a stacked WVU team and runs the table.

Obviously would never happen but hilarious none the less

Exactly.

The other two finalists for Jesse were Bill Self and Mark Few. If it were not about the $$$, he would have chosen Kansas or the Zags or any number of other schools that approached him.

It was 100% about the $$$.
KU and Gonzaga were not actually interested. That was all a smokescreen. WVU tampered and Edwards was on his way to Morgantown before he entered the portal.

It is sad for his assistants. One was there 11 years, the other had 15 years with him, his first this year as associate head coach, and this was going to be DeMarr Johnson’s first year as an assistant at WVU after being a grad asst’t at Cincinnati. His long time former associate head coach Larry Harrison, left last year after 15 years with Huggins.

This has been in the works his whole life. Someone should have stepped in a long time ago.
I find it hard to believe no one did. The person has to own it. It's unfortunate he did what he did. The repercussions match the severity of what he did. He has to own his recovery. I would expect others will once again try to assist.

KU and Gonzaga were not actually interested. That was all a smokescreen. WVU tampered and Edwards was on his way to Morgantown before he entered the portal.
Wonder if Kentucky is still looking for a center?

There is always P5s that need a center. But the NIL leverage is flipped and the options are worse.

There is always P5s that need a center. But the NIL leverage is flipped and the options are worse.
And not sure with revised tax rules for collectives; does this change anything moving forward?

IMG_4548.jpeg

I have a hard time believing that schools have 800k hanging a round to give Jesse. Remember, they
have to fill the foreign student part of this. I fear for Jesse that he is stuck with WVU. And I never thought they would honor his offer to begin with. Now, who knows what they will honor?

I have a hard time believing that schools have 800k hanging a round to give Jesse. Remember, they
have to fill the foreign student part of this. I fear for Jesse that he is stuck with WVU. And I never thought they would honor his offer to begin with. Now, who knows what they will honor?
Rumor is that 8 WVU players are leaving. Can you imagine if Jesse's circumstances require him to have to stay with whatever is left behind.

He clearly needs some help and I also think he was drunk on the radio too when that incident happened too.

As far as Jesse goes, his dad has to feel like quite an idiot right now. Cuse is going to be a contender and now they are looking for a new plan. Insane

I think the question is more along the lines of what would WVA NIL people do if a Jesse left and he received a down payment.

Related, Jesse’s dad 100% looks like a pimp right now.

I’d feel bad for him if he didn’t trash us on the way out. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.