Hurley is subdued tonight | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Hurley is subdued tonight

Wait a minute. How dare you guys! He‘s a great motivator. Always has his kids ready, playing tough and getting after it. You wish JB had his perfect balance of skill and passion!

Gotta go NUTS! Get the boys pumped up!

Lol. Those kids will be sick of him by January.

LOL! He just sprinted over to high five Adams because he deflected a pass out of bounds, while down 17 with 5 min to go.

This guy is a joke.
His act is gonna wear thin real quick. I hope Akok, who seems pretty subdued, sees this nonsense and runs the other way—towards the Cuse. Also, the relentless Hurley infomercial from ESPN was sickening.

Last edited:
His act is gonna wear thin real quick. I hope Akok, who seems pretty subdued, sees this nonsense and runs the other way—towards the Cuse. Also, the relentless Hurley infomercial from ESPN was sickening.

I think his act had already worn thin with the referees.

There’s nothing funny or cute about a grown man acting like that. He doesn’t have the clout to act like that either.

And you can take the most intense sideline coach ever like a Bobby Knight...he was probably legit crazy but all the same he wasn’t some clown show over there. Hurley running around the sideline and screaming in his players faces giving high fives when down by 20 is so transparent. How can a player possibly take that guy seriously?

He’s an over the top caricature of an intense coach.

There’s nothing funny or cute about a grown man acting like that. He doesn’t have the clout to act like that either.

And you can take the most intense sideline coach ever like a Bobby Knight...he was probably legit crazy but all the same he wasn’t some clown show over there. Hurley running around the sideline and screaming in his players faces giving high fives when down by 20 is so transparent. How can a player possibly take that guy seriously?

So I wonder if this act will wear thin with his players at some point.

And the tough guy giving his team high 5's on his way out last night was ridiculous.

And the tough guy giving his team high 5's on his way out last night was ridiculous.

It was laughable. 45 years old, going off the court like players often do when they get tossed, angrily slapping fives and shaking his head and bitching. Wow. Couldn’t believe my eyes. Coaches are leaders, they shouldn’t act like the players.

Unfortunately it seems Akok buys this act.

Akok was sitting behind the Huskies’ bench when Hurley dashed over to the baseline to help pick up Josh Carlton, who had hurled himself into the crowd for a loose ball.
“That’s a sign of a great coach right there,” Akok said. “He’s going to help you when you’re down. Not a lot of coaches in college basketball that would do that. Great coach. … I feel like I can picture myself going to UConn. It’s a very good school. It could be a good situation where I could stay home and contribute. I could come in and do a lot for that coach.”

Doesn’t matter. Sounds like he is skipping college anyway

Kinda surprised on UConn fans comparing his intensity to Calhoun, to me that's an insult to a great Hall of Fame coach. JB/Calhoun act similarly on the sidelines, perhaps Calhoun is a little more intense but they're similar enough.

He's way over the top and tries way too hard. I can't recall seeing a coach ever act like that. I don't get what he's trying to accomplish it's just embarrassing.

Kinda surprised on UConn fans comparing his intensity to Calhoun, to me that's an insult to a great Hall of Fame coach. JB/Calhoun act similarly on the sidelines, perhaps Calhoun is a little more intense but they're similar enough.

He's way over the top and tries way too hard. I can't recall seeing a coach ever act like that. I don't get what he's trying to accomplish it's just embarrassing.

Calhoun (and Boeheim) had true intensity. It was genuine. Hurley is putting on an act because he wants to be known as the “intense coach”.

It’s like the stupid spazzy players who commit dumb fouls all the time and are always falling down, posturing like theyre tough, playing with zero discipline, and despite the fact that they always make stupid plays and are always a step behind in actually getting the job done, stupid people give them credit for “hustling”. See Louie McCroskey. It’s fake hustle for players who don’t actually know what they’re doing. Apply that same concept to coaching and you’ve got Hurley.

Last edited:
Calhoun (and Boeheim) had true intensity. It was genuine. Hurley is putting on an act because he wants to be known as the “intense coach”.

It’s like the stupid spazzy players who commit dumb fouls all the time and are always falling down, posturing like theyre tough, playing with zero discipline, and despite the fact that they always make stupid plays and are always a step behind in actually getting the job done, stupid people give them credit for “hustling”. See Louie McCroskey. It’s fake hustle for players who don’t actually know what they’re doing. Apply that same concept to coaching and you’ve got Hurley.

Couldn't agree more. It's a corny, lame shtick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom