Hypothetical Recruiting Board | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical Recruiting Board

I think the staff is looking for rim protection to back up Sid, since Edwards has a way to go physically. That's what made Tape' (or someone like him) attractive. Hopefully we'll strike gold with another candidate - the kid out of Cali, for example.

As to the EH role - SG/SF slasher and scorer - it's hard not to look at Kadary's game (and his size at 6'6") and not think of him in that role. I do like Bras (and Woody) but neither is a slasher.

Woody does some slashing here:
I doubt we are going to have 2 guards and 5 forwards. Kadary looks pretty at guard below.

As i recall Patrick's tape was all offensive moves. i think that's what they wanted him for.

Which is why he'd make a perfect fourth guard. An emergency guy who is going to avoid mistakes and get the ball to other people.
Yes, he can and did that but he did not look to score. The opposition did not really have to guard him because he barely went to the basket or shot from the outside. In high school he was a scorer. None of that show in the three years he was with the team (granted he was ill or hurt a good part of the time). If he did provide a little more offensive, he would have received more minutes. Next to ELima’s Hughes, he was the team’s best ball handler.

Yes, he can and did that but he did not look to score. The opposition did not really have to guard him because he barely went to the basket or shot from the outside. In high school he was a scorer. None of that show in the three years he was with the team (granted he was ill or hurt a good part of the time). If he did provide a little more offensive, he would have received more minutes. Next to ELima’s Hughes, he was the team’s best ball handler.

You're not looking for more minutes from a 4th guard. You're looking to replace his minutes.

You're not looking for more minutes from a 4th guard. You're looking to replace his minutes.
Actually, what I was looking for from my third guard (this past year) is to be more of a contributor in order to earn more minutes. If I was Washington, I don’t want to be the fourth guard If I stayed. I want to be the first player off the bench because I want to play and deserve to play.

Actually, what I was looking for from my third guard (this past year) is to be more of a contributor in order to earn more minutes. If I was Washington, I don’t want to be the fourth guard If I stayed. I want to be the first player off the bench because I want to play and deserve to play.

Fine. But my point is that his skills set was what we needed for a fourth guard. Also that he might have an emotional connection to the school because of the help he received here through his medical difficulties. I understand that he wants more playing time. I'm not sure he'll get it due to his scoring limitations.

I think the perfect roster is 11 guys, (so you don't have two disgruntled guys at the end of your bench), divided up as follows: 3 centers, 4 forwards and 4 guards. That gives you four guys for two positions at guard and forward and three centers, a position prone to foul trouble. That's plenty of depth and competition. we have Sidibe, Edwards and Ajak for the center spot. We have Dolezaj, Guerrier , Braswell at newton at forward. We have Boeheim, Girard and Richmond at guard. Washington would have filled that roster out perfectly. You can ahve greater players, of course but we'd have the 3-4-4 split that is ideal.

Fine. But my point is that his skills set was what we needed for a fourth guard. Also that he might have an emotional connection to the school because of the help he received here through his medical difficulties. I understand that he wants more playing time. I'm not sure he'll get it due to his scoring limitations.

I think the perfect roster is 11 guys, (so you don't have two disgruntled guys at the end of your bench), divided up as follows: 3 centers, 4 forwards and 4 guards. That gives you four guys for two positions at guard and forward and three centers, a position prone to foul trouble. That's plenty of depth and competition. we have Sidibe, Edwards and Ajak for the center spot. We have Dolezaj, Guerrier , Braswell at newton at forward. We have Boeheim, Girard and Richmond at guard. Washington would have filled that roster out perfectly. You can ahve greater players, of course but we'd have the 3-4-4 split that is ideal.
I also like the 4/4/3 roster distribution and think Malik Zachery could fit that 4th guard spot. If we bring in Alan Griffin as a SF, I could see Robert Braswell transferring out

I also like the 4/4/3 roster distribution and think Malik Zachery could fit that 4th guard spot. If we bring in Alan Griffin as a SF, I could see Robert Braswell transferring out
If we bring Alan Griffin in, that would be nice providing there is no baggage. I believe that Duke may have the inside on this one due that they signEd his brother a top 25 2021 recruit.

Oh, wait they don’t have room.

Oh, my bad, there goes another Duke 3 yr player into the transfer portal.

You also might see Benny Williams going elsewhere. Be careful what you wish for.

This thread is designed for predicting what the recruiting board looks like at this point now that Tape and Towns are out

There's debate over what is needed, natural pg, scoring SF, or C

So go ahead and post who would be ideal to get the remaining scholarships that are available whether through HS or transfer market

Couple of things I noticed that maybe the insiders would know, what was it the staff preferred in Kadary over Josh Primo from Toronto who is set to announce soon?

Also would either of these HS Centers #2 and 3 from CT be an option at this point? I feel they should have offered the #1 kid, a pg who is going to A&M

Personally, an athletic wing that can score at 3 levels, and a PG who can generate assists and drive to the rim. We have 3 point shooters. We need some athleticism.

I think that Sidibe is finally becoming who he can be. With 2 more big bodies, one who is wiry, but one who is bulkier, it could be enough. We need fast guys on the dribble who can get to the rim, one of whom has to be an outside threat. Otherwise, Joe and Buddy will face even more contested shots next year.

Updated Board

1. Alan Griffin
2. Kalief Battle
3. Josh Morgan

feel free to debate or change

Updated Board

1. Alan Griffin
2. Kalief Battle
3. Josh Morgan

1 - Griffin
2 - Morgan
3 - Battle the Younger

IF we get Griffin, then Battle may be redundant.

Updated Board

1. Alan Griffin
2. Kalief Battle
3. Josh Morgan

1. Josh Morgan
He fits our system perfectly
2. Push Griffin with 2 years left and his another shooter.
Can always use another shooter.
2. Push Battle 3 years left a good defender who needs to improve on the offensive end.
Defense is a huge need.

don't know much about the kid but hes a wing player that decommited from Wichita st. Highschool kid.

Welp go ahead and delete that post from the transfer thread. I was to lazy to check here first.

1. Griffin-can play 3 or 2 hopefully
2. Tape-Splits mins w Sidibe, prevents Marek from having to play the 5

3. Another guard, preferably a point guard for injury insurance

It must be a challenge to find a PG who is good enough to play ACC level basketball but is most likely willing to come off the bench for their post grad year.

It must be a challenge to find a PG who is good enough to play ACC level basketball but is most likely willing to come off the bench for their post grad year.
it probably is, that's why they might need to take a chance on a guy out of high school. Some posters have mentioned Farrakhan from NJ

Which is why he'd make a perfect fourth guard. An emergency guy who is going to avoid mistakes and get the ball to other people.
I agree. If only a way for HoWash to come back as the 4th guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom