Hypothetical trade-off... | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical trade-off...

Eric15

Living Legend
If someone said right now we could trade senior G for senior Rak for the rest of this season, would you take the trade?

(I love Mike, it's just a hypothetical)

Love G, but yes.

That would also force our coaches to play Howard.

Yes. This team is dying because we can't defend the paint or rebound. Rak brings both of those things. Without G, we could even put Lydon at SF and Malachi at SG and get KJ and Howard solid minutes.

G is putting up an All-American season so far, but we could at least have decent guard play without him. We can't even manage decent center production on both ends of the court right now.

i love Rak, but we would be back to the same problems we had last year if we did that. Our ceiling is higher this year with G IMO.

Without question, I think we all see what is happening on interior defense to us.

I will take Sr G. Rak got his chance to shine, now it is G's turn.

If someone said right now we could trade senior G for senior Rak for the rest of this season, would you take the trade?

(I love Mike, it's just a hypothetical)

Depends on if I had the freedom to ensure how many touches he got.

Depends on if I had the freedom to ensure how many touches he got.

We need interior defensive help and rebounding help on the inside. Big man scoring is not the issue right now, its the lack of defensive presence in the paint.

Yes, I think a lineup of Howard, Cooney,Malachi, Lydon, and Rak would be better.

Absolutely. I would miss G terribly though. :(

I'm so desperate for inside help I would trade some people for Baye.

Could we get (young) Bill Russell for one of the walk-ons?

Not a chance. Love Rak, but without G, he's not going to be able to do what he did last year. Someone can pull G's shooting stats out and tell me what's left, besides Lydon, that would keep teams from swarming the paint?

We need interior defensive help and rebounding help on the inside. Big man scoring is not the issue right now, its the lack of defensive presence in the paint.

So you think taking our best, by far, offensive player away we wouldn't have to worry about offense?

Good luck with that.

Yeah, we need G. I like Howard's potential too, but the fact that Frank and Kaleb can barely get off the bench proves how badly we need G. As frustrating as Kaleb was last year, it would be just as bad this year with the 2 of them. Plus Mali would take plenty of shots still.

G at the top of the zone is a huge plus too. It's close but I'd definitely take G.

bye bye Mr. Diagne, the day our season died.

Last edited:
Yes. Its just a matter of need.

I imagine Malachi would play some guard if that happened.
Plus Rak gives you a true leader something this team doesn't really have as the senior leaders have a more quiet form of leadership.

orangefan13 said:
Yes. Its just a matter of need. I imagine Malachi would play some guard if that happened. Plus Rak gives you a true leader something this team doesn't really have as the senior leaders have a more quiet form of leadership.

Rak is the quietest of the 3 are far far quieter than Cooney. Rak is very reserved.

Not a chance. Love Rak, but without G, he's not going to be able to do what he did last year. Someone can pull G's shooting stats out and tell me what's left, besides Lydon, that would keep teams from swarming the paint?

Meh, Lydon and Richardson are at least as good as any of the shooters we ran out there last season.

Not saying he'd have a ton of room to operate, but I don't think it'd be any worse than his senior year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom