Hypothetical would you watch / support SU in this league | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Hypothetical would you watch / support SU in this league

Sure I would. SU is my school and my team. I am already boycotting the SEC and B1G. Also the CFP except for games involving the ACC.

SU
UConn
UB
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Memphis
Army
BC
Navy
Marshall
Temple
UCF
USF
ECU
App State

Because there is an outlier chance something like that may get thrown together when the music stops
Of course! I've long advocated for UCF, and App State, Memphis and Army would be interesting. Marshall, USF and ECU are "meh" in my opinion. UB hasn't earned the right to play Cuse annually.

It's just as likely that SU ends up in a conference with UCLA and McGill.

lace em up!

Something tells me in 5 years we'll be lamenting the fact that the schedule will be exactly what it was in 1986.

DateOpponentSiteResultAttendance
September 6Mississippi StateL 17–2434,216
September 13at ArmyL 28–3338,822
September 20Virginia Tech
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
L 17–2633,400
September 27Rutgers
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
L 10–1633,577
October 4Missouri
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
W 41–941,035
October 18at No. 6 Penn StateL 3–4285,512
October 25at TempleW 27–2419,422
November 1Pittsburgh
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY (rivalry)
W 24–2034,114
November 8Navy
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
W 31–2236,796
November 15at Boston CollegeL 9–2732,000
November 22at West VirginiaW 34–2340,106

SU
UConn
UB
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Memphis
Army
BC
Navy
Marshall
Temple
UCF
USF
ECU
App State

Because there is an outlier chance something like that may get thrown together when the music stops

SU is my alma mater and I’ll watch them wherever they end up. Truthfully, except for SU and the various undergrad and grad alma maters of my sons I don’t watch much college football anymore. I know that most are fans of whatever game is on the tube but I generally only care about the schools that matter to me. If neither SU nor any of my other schools are on TV, well, those leaves aren’t going to rake themselves.

Last edited:
Of course! I've long advocated for UCF, and App State, Memphis and Army would be interesting. Marshall, USF and ECU are "meh" in my opinion. UB hasn't earned the right to play Cuse annually.
Shoym I still remember that tailgate at UCF...good times

BTW, that tailgate was the first one. You played a big part. I remember those Orange Balloons drove the UCF fans nuts.

Last edited:
lace em up!

Something tells me in 5 years we'll be lamenting the fact that the schedule will be exactly what it was in 1986.

DateOpponentSiteResultAttendance
September 6Mississippi StateL 17–2434,216
September 13at ArmyL 28–3338,822
September 20Virginia Tech
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
L 17–2633,400
September 27Rutgers
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
L 10–1633,577
October 4Missouri
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
W 41–941,035
October 18at No. 6 Penn StateL 3–4285,512
October 25at TempleW 27–2419,422
November 1Pittsburgh
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY (rivalry)
W 24–2034,114
November 8Navy
  • Carrier Dome
  • Syracuse, NY
W 31–2236,796
November 15at Boston CollegeL 9–2732,000
November 22at West VirginiaW 34–2340,106

Attendance was REALLY bad in 1986, following up that Cherry Bowl season.

Our only game above 40k was after an 0-4 start.

Shoym I still remember that tailgate at UCF...good times

I remember Shoym from the early 1990's on AOL. We had a small handful of posters on the SU board in those days and my handle was a variation of my name. Shoym had an epic battle with a Mountaineer poster called WVUguy (or something like that), and created a burner handle so that he could gang up on him under two names. The posts sounded exactly the same but not sure if the guy from WVU actually caught on to that. The good old days.

I remember Shoym from the early 1990's on AOL. We had a small handful of posters on the SU board in those days and my handle was a variation of my name. Shoym had an epic battle with a Mountaineer poster called WVUguy (or something like that), and created a burner handle so that he could gang up on him under two names. The posts sounded exactly the same but not sure if the guy from WVU actually caught on to that. The good old days.
You have a better memory than I! Sounds like something I would have done though!

SU
UConn
UB
Pitt
WVU
Cincy
Memphis
Army
BC
Navy
Marshall
Temple
UCF
USF
ECU
App State

This league is like League One(3rd level) or League Two(4th level) in the English Football pyramid with the SEC/B1G in the Premier League(top level) and others in Championship(2nd level). Hoops would be bad and I don’t see UConn leaving the Big East for football. Not a good situation for the Cuse but right where we belong.

Last edited:
That's pretty impressive when you think about it.

Shoym toggling back & forth between AOL handles might've taken 5-10 minutes just to re-connect the dial up modem back then!

Was Studigor and Tristan around in those days? Or was that the Syracusefan "attitude era"?

There was a thread about this awhile back but igor was around. My memory is that he was WBonn123.

Lots of us no longer have the same name...my AOL name was my first initial, my last name, and 500.

In an example of what is probably age-related cognitive decline, I'll likely forget several important things today but can still remember TexanMark's AOL screen name.