I’ll be that guy | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

I’ll be that guy

If you had a choice would you:

(A) add those lost ten minutes of the second half of the Wagner game back; or,

(B) delete this thread from your memory

I really need some better content in the next twelve days folks, this thread isn’t cutting it

Sean Tucker has 7 or 8 games left in his Syracuse career before the NFL calls.

I'd think fans would want to see Tucker get as many opportunities to touch the ball as possible.

Because it might be a generation before someone like Tucker comes this way again.

I'd think fans would want to see Tucker get as many opportunities to touch the ball as possible.

Because it might be a generation before someone like Tucker comes this way again.

I would also like the O line and Tucker to get a few more reps on some new running schemes that we desperately need. Only way we are winning 3-4 more games is with more balance on O and more production from the running game.

You live with the risk to try and keep building on what has been a very successful season so far. Just my opinion

That’s what makes me laugh. Every thread has someone bitching about something. It’s like we were 2-3. There’s plenty to be happy about but some only want to focus on the negative, or what they perceive to be the negative.
Sounds like you in the old Yankee threads. We miss you there.

Conventional coaches’ wisdom gave us 70+ years of being afraid to throw the ball and punting on 4th and 1.

It did? Must have missed that.

Also gave us a pretty great 10-15 year run when I was a kid. Was just too goofy trying to be right with dumb debates to realize it, like many are here now with a 5-0 start

THANK YOU! Bout time someone said it. I heard some goober on the radio during the post game while driving back home last Saturday night say that records are for baseball not football. Miss me with that!

Yeah check a random football box score from the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

Coach Mac use to punt on 3rd downs, he did OK. He also made some pretty gutsy calls over the years, sure he was conservative a lot of the times as well. It's football.

What Dino did the first series of the 2nd half versus Wagner has nothing to do with how he should be perceived as a head coach overall. It really should not. It's just dumb internet banter, which I hey I get it but just a bit much even for here

Coach Mac use to punt on 3rd downs, he did OK. He also made some pretty gutsy calls over the years, sure he was conservative a lot of the times as well. It's football.

What Dino did the first series of the 2nd half versus Wagner has nothing to do with how he should be perceived as a head coach overall. It really should not.
I can dislike one of Babers’ strategies without wanting him to be fired and still feel good about 5 - 0. My mind is capable of that kind of nuance.

Last edited:
That’s what makes me laugh. Every thread has someone bitching about something. It’s like we were 2-3. There’s plenty to be happy about but some only want to focus on the negative, or what they perceive to be the negative.
Come on, their favorite team's coach doesn't do everything they want him to do. Lets have some sympathy for them.

I can dislike one of Babers’ strategies without wanting him to be fired and still feeling good about 5 - 0. My mind is capable of that kind of nuance.
200w.gif

;)

"Coaches always do that in a situation like this." How many situations are like this?

"Coaches always do that in a situation like this." How many situations are like this?

How many blow outs do you see every weekend with P5 teams over lessor opponents? I guess Syracuse just needs the 1 out of 100 coach that is smarter than everyone else. Go find him I guess.

Maybe there is some analytics they can look at

How many blow outs do you see every weekend with P5 teams over lessor opponents? I guess Syracuse just needs the 1 out of 100 coach that is smarter than everyone else. Go find him I guess.

LOL No one has provided evidence that shows the opposite. Just desperate attempts to justify their paranoia

Last edited:

In how many games is it 49-0 at halftime with an agreement to shorten the second half? In how many games does a team that lost by 59 points throw 6 passes, meaning they were running the clock from the beginning of the game?

In how many games is it 49-0 at halftime with an agreement to shorten the second half? In how many games does a team that lost by 59 points throw 6 passes, meaning they were running the clock from the beginning of the game?

There are a ton of games where it's 100% over at halftime and the coaches do EXACTLY what Dino did. That's it, that's the story here

Neb/OK back in the day didnt back down the starters .

You think 11/19 when Ala plays Auston Peay and they are up 49-0 at the half and the RB is 20 yds from the school record he isnt playing another series?

We could have pulled everyone at 35-0 mid 2nd quarter too but who does that.. They play to play and get better and be ready for the next game.. if you pull guys after 15 min and they dont play for 2-3 weeks in fball it hurts them even if it makes them safer.. But players get hurt all the time in practice too.

They try to control the controllable's and still guys get hurt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom