I’m convinced | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I’m convinced

Status
Not open for further replies.
That we have the ingredients to make a push. Three things need to happen in my opinion for this team to maximize their potential.

1) Symir and Frank need to eat into Joe and Jimmy’s minutes.

2) Cole needs to continue playing with confidence.

3) Buddy has to stop being a black hole. He shoots way too much with all the shooters we have.
all of what you have said should have already happened.

had jab had given frank more minutes during the season that would have helped . nevertheless i think he may excell if jab doesn't berate him constantly. jim jr may be some help along with him

Last edited:
I didn't miss anything. Apparently, you missed (twice now) how that word does not have to be taken verbatim. Just as the Oxford Languages mentions and I provided. Again, for the third time, perhaps, he was using it informally, and as a matter of exaggeration, etc. You know, like the Oxford example given suggests.

Nicknack, also mentioned something similar in his post.

I've been around folks who use it as a matter of expression, exaggeration, etc. I don't sit around dissing someone about it, which was the apparent intent of all three of you who snidely replied to his post. Seemingly, the motivation came from not caring for the crux of his post, which was the Bill Parcels reference, beating up on 3 horrible teams during this run that aren't even on the NIT radar, along with his delusional remark, etc. So, instead of debating that matter, all of you chose the low hanging fruit route. Which, frankly, isn't surprising as all three of you paint with a rather Pollyanna brush here.

In answering your question, I'll respond by saying, I am likely able to decipher when someone is using it verbatim vs. one for exaggeration and/or accentuation.
Apparently, you also believe in making mountains out of molehills

I didn't miss anything. Apparently, you missed (twice now) how that word does not have to be taken verbatim. Just as the Oxford Languages mentions and I provided. Again, for the third time, perhaps, he was using it informally, and as a matter of exaggeration, etc. You know, like the Oxford example given suggests.

Nicknack, also mentioned something similar in his post.

I've been around folks who use it as a matter of expression, exaggeration, etc. I don't sit around dissing someone about it, which was the apparent intent of all three of you who snidely replied to his post. Seemingly, the motivation came from not caring for the crux of his post, which was the Bill Parcels reference, beating up on 3 horrible teams during this run that aren't even on the NIT radar, along with his delusional remark, etc. So, instead of debating that matter, all of you chose the low hanging fruit route. Which, frankly, isn't surprising as all three of you paint with a rather Pollyanna brush here.

In answering your question, I'll respond by saying, I am likely able to decipher when someone is using it verbatim vs. one for exaggeration and/or accentuation.
Not to be “that guy”, but your use of verbatim is not right. Or, you keep using that word. I don’t think it means what you think it means.

That we have the ingredients to make a push. Three things need to happen in my opinion for this team to maximize their potential.

1) Symir and Frank need to eat into Joe and Jimmy’s minutes.

2) Cole needs to continue playing with confidence.

3) Buddy has to stop being a black hole. He shoots way too much with all the shooters we have.

The worst thing about point #3 is how badly Buddy telegraphs it when he makes his mind up that he's going to shoot.

It's like 5 or 6 times a game where he catches the ball and within a single dribble I'm thinking "there is a 100.00% chance he's shooting on this possession no matter what."

You're lumping Tyus Battle in with the other two?
JR/SR Buddy is a lot better than Battle. He can't get downhill to the basket and score at speed, but he's better offensively in every other way. They both take/took A LOT of bad shots though. Buddy would be sooo good if he was surrounded by normal SU level talent instead of whatever this roster is. Battle played with better talent overall IMO.

JR/SR Buddy is a lot better than Battle. He can't get downhill to the basket and score at speed, but he's better offensively in every other way. They both take/took A LOT of bad shots though. Buddy would be sooo good if he was surrounded by normal SU level talent instead of whatever this roster is. Battle played with better talent overall IMO.

I’ll take the downhill offensively part. Agree on the talent level.

Not denying Tyus was the better one on one player, but they both played with Elijah Hughes and FWIW this team is a better rebounding team than any teams he was on. We’ve really turned that around since early in the season.

Single biggest surprise to me this year is the rebounding. I expected it to be waaaaay worse than it is.

I just don't get the logic of parsing wins and putting artificial qualifiers on a game...it's actually kinda silly, IMO.
I also don't see anywhere that says a road win at some crappy school, filled with mostly your own fans, where the home team is pathetically inept, should count as less than a regular W.
We won, for Pete's sake! Can we just be happy about that fact w/out all the "yeah, buts'..."?
As cynical, jaded, and pessimistic as some of our fanbase have become, I'm sure we'll have plenty of chances to biotche and moan about upcoming losses. But last night wasn't one of them. Sheesh.

What?

Parsing wins in this manner is exactly what the NET does, and it's exactly how tournament bids are allotted.

So yeah, fans SHOULD be concerned with it. We won the last 3 games and had zero movement in the NET. These are games you HAVE to win and if you lose you're cooked.

They're nothing games because they don't help your resume to get into the dance, they can only hurt. So "yeah, but" is exactly the right response.

The Wake win was nice though.

He had a good final 4 minutes, I wouldn’t say he was great the other 16. Joe needs to stop making so many live ball turnovers. The made shots are great, but he was atrocious in every other aspect. Realistically I’d like to see him and Symir both in late and take Jimmy out.
Alot of points on foil shots

Sorry for the confusion - what I was saying is - anyone thinking, hoping or dreaming that we are some how making the tournament - well, that individual is bat s&it krazy - capiche?

Sorry for the confusion - what I was saying is - anyone thinking, hoping or dreaming that we are some how making the tournament - well, that individual is bat s&it krazy - capiche?
Does this post somehow make you feel better about yourself?

No feelings either way - but u one of them kray krays
People who come to this board support the team, even more when something like this happens. For some reason, you get pleasure out of kicking dirt on that. are you a hope killer to your friends and family as well?

This thread has nothing to do with Jesse - who happens to be the sole reason to watch this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom