I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson

The ref ran up on him and kind of shoved him away and he reacted. Not sure he knew it was a ref.

The ref had his forearm up near his neck

Yeah. Next time this happens, I say we get ‘em. You go first, I’ll follow!
We need to do stuff more in line with global culture. The more I think about Dino's demeanor, the more I think he's been told that's just the way it is for Syracuse in the ACC. Just take the money and don't cause a problem, because just about every game this year has had appalling calls go against SU.

Forgot when it happened. Does he sit a half in the 2020 opener?
Wouldn't be surprised to see the conference hit him with more.

We need to do stuff more in line with global culture. The more I think about Dino's demeanor, the more I think he's been told that's just the way it is for Syracuse in the ACC. Just take the money and don't cause a problem, because just about every game this year has had appalling calls go against SU.

Yes! He needs to follow Boeheim and rip one of those clean jackets(Dino always has a CLEAN jacket on!) off and show them we aren’t going to take it! They haven’t screwed us in Cameron since Jimmy made a scene, which is just “amazing” to Coach K!

Dino rips the jacket off, and we storm the field and get ‘em! Lead the charge!

he unloaded a few times on the officials today. Must kill him to have to bite his lip

Or, if you've ever watched him on the sideline, he tries to maintain composure so he sets an example for his team.

Or, if you've ever watched him on the sideline, he tries to maintain composure so he sets an example for his team.
I think he keeps his composer quite well. It's these blatant double standards that must really make him question what the hell is going on. Like when Devito was hit and knocked down at NCST and no call. Or the fumble in the Pitt game that was reversed. I think he might think he will never get a fair shot in this league, coaching this team. It's like we've been sold out.

looked to me that the ref was tring to get nykeim to go get examined on the sideline and nykeim didnt want too

Nah, it makes so much more sense that he has been "told" to act that way, take his money, and don't cause any problems. This is also why DB has not been targeted to for the UMASS job prior to their imminent move to the BiG10.

DB told us when he was hired that we would rarely see him acting on his emotions on the sidelines.

Nah, it makes so much more sense that he has been "told" to act that way, take his money, and don't cause any problems. This is also why DB has not been targeted to for the UMASS job prior to their imminent move to the BiG10.

DB told us when he was hired that we would rarely see him acting on his emotions on the sidelines.
There is a lot of money involved, Pollyanna.

Just to be clear. I watched the game and saw the play. NJ is returning the ball and wham, takes a helmet to helmet blow from the tackler. NO flag comes out and I can see the SU guys are pissed, and I think, more of this ACC crooked refereeing. The next thing I see is the ref up on NJ talking crap and NJ pushed him away, sorting of like saying, you didn't protect me. And to add insult to injury, they crooks threw him out of the game. That's what I saw.

Yeah the guy from Wake who tagged him even popped up from the ground like he expected a flag. Bad miss. Bonehead response.
Refs today were god awful. Oh wait they're ACC refs, that's every game.

you mean like the auburn game where the kid tried to smack the alabama player and hit the ref upside the head and knocked his hat off with no call for it?

Don't blame him for being upset, but he can't make a boneheaded move like that again. That 15 yards might have bit us.
It cost most of us 6 months on this planet...

Just to be clear. I watched the game and saw the play. NJ is returning the ball and wham, takes a helmet to helmet blow from the tackler. NO flag comes out and I can see the SU guys are pissed, and I think, more of this ACC crooked refereeing. The next thing I see is the ref up on NJ talking crap and NJ pushed him away, sorting of like saying, you didn't protect me. And to add insult to injury, they crooks threw him out of the game. That's what I saw.

From my seats I couldn’t hear the ref “talking crap”. Can you fill me in on what he said? Thanks.

A moment before shoving the ref he shoved Evan Adams as he was trying to calm Nykeim down. He was visibly upset about the no call on that hit to the head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom