I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I’m still stunned about Nykeim Johnson

From my seats I couldn’t hear the ref “talking crap”. Can you fill me in on what he said? Thanks.
I imagine it went something like, "Hey, calm down lets be under control". Which Nykiem heard as, " Suck it up, we make the calls we feel like making".

I hope someone from the AD files a formal complaint about the refs. They were terrible and the forearm to NJ was beyond unprofessional. This type of stuff cant go unchecked

exactly!

That’s what you call violent? Did you grow up in Syracuse ?
When its an older guy and you’re playing college football, yes sure.

There’s no room for that in college sports. The ref should be punished, sure. It was inappropriate that he put his hands on Johnson. Johnson should learn from this too.

This is a football game, not the streets or apparently Destiny USA

I partially blame the staff. It was clear he was going after the guy, then Evan Adams tried to pull him back, he got shoved first. Given the hit he took right in front of our bench, someone should have been on that to get him back to the sideline.

Still, can’t shove a ref.

There’s no room for that in college sports. The ref should be punished, sure. It was inappropriate that he put his hands on Johnson. Johnson should learn from this too.

I agree, there is no place in football for a ref to put their hands on a player or a player put hands on a ref. The ref initiated violence. Refs aren’t all nice balanced guys. Stop and ask yourself what that nice old man did to receive a shove. I sincerely doubt it was for nothing. If you’re going to vilify, do it to both of them. They’re both guilty of over stepping.

another stabbing tonight at destiny USA.

My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be, but I thought I saw two phantom face mask calls against us.

It wasn’t much like the posters said. Albeit, no just no don’t do that please!

My eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be, but I thought I saw two phantom face mask calls against us.

Yes, Robinson never got the kid's face mask. Couldn't believe the announcers didn't say anything. They showed the replay twice.

Did the ref touch him?

Yes, from replay on tv the ref looked like he pushed him. Was already a heated situation.

not an excuse for him but...

I'd guess that his frustration over the season may have burst out as well. Can't touch a ref and I saw a teammate try to control him but he was furious and dead set on going after the spear dude.

If it didn’t even come up in the post-game interviews then maybe it’s just going to be put in the past.
I was just surprised when it happened because I thought putting your hands on a ref was one of the unbreakable laws of football.

On to next season...

A game like this is why I want NCAA refs and not ACC or any conference and are under the thumb of a supervisory board that has NO affiliation with any conference. SU, imo, would have got calls if they had 5 wins going into the Wake game so the ACC would have had an extra team in the bowls. It makes financial sense.

I was "stunned" when they flagged Williams on that punt return where the returner starting running after the catch and Williams bumped him. Iwould teach my punt returners to do that on every catch.
Agree, we were screaming from our section. The guy fair caught the ball, continued to run and bumped into our guy. Was one of the worst calls i’ve seen

Agree, we were screaming from our section. The guy fair caught the ball, continued to run and bumped into our guy. Was one of the worst calls i’ve seen
Which is a penalty. He simulated running the ball after a fair catch signal and after making the catch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom