I Actually Was Calling for Frank... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I Actually Was Calling for Frank...

You didn't watch the game last night then. He penetrated and finished against their biggest guy who blocked shots from pretty much every other SU player during the same game. He also hit a three pointer well before Gillon (AIRBALL!!!) did last night. I'm pretty sure they both had 2 assists, despite the fact one guy played 12 minutes and the other one played 35.
I did watch the game. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I didn't watch the game. Frank had some good moments but I think Gillon even though he didn't play well last night is our better option. I understand that Frank hit a 3 but I still view Gillon as a better perimeter shooter and I feel like the numbers support that.

I did watch the game. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean I didn't watch the game. Frank had some good moments but I think Gillon even though he didn't play well last night is our better option. I understand that Frank hit a 3 but I still view Gillon as a better perimeter shooter and I feel like the numbers support that.

1-7. Those were the numbers.

Gillon is not a better perimeter shooter when the other team plays just a modicum of defense on him. He can't/won't shoot with a hand in his face.

Gillon is not a better perimeter shooter when the other team plays just a modicum of defense on him. He can't/won't shoot with a hand in his face.
We're the greatest pump fake team of all time. We're also the greatest pump fake-shuffle feet travel team of all time. These are not good all time teams to be

Yep, Gillon has a very slow release. He's tiny. Most of those guys adapt and either go to a fade away or work on the quickness of their release. He had room to shoot against NC St and FSU. NC State kept getting burned by not fighting over screens, leaving him with room. Why didn't they adjust? Ask their brilliant coach-in-leaving.

Yep, Gillon has a very slow release. He's tiny. Most of those guys adapt and either go to a fade away or work on getting the quickness of their release. He had room to shoot against NC St and FSU. NC State kept getting burned by not fighting over screens, leaving him with room. Why didn't they adjust? Ask their brilliant coach-in-leaving.

The thing is, I think he can actually shoot with a hand in his face. He just doesn't. I can't believe that form wasn't coached out of him by now.

My son took a shooting clinic this season and the guy teaching it made sure to impress on them that you have one second (one-thousand and one said literally) to get your shot off. That's what makes me focus so much on gillon's shot and how long it takes to get out of his hands once he starts the motion.

I believe Gillon was actually rattled by the Airball chants. He made the big one to cut it to 3 because it was a late clock situation so he just had to shoot. Before then, he was rattled and wanted nothing to do with shooting.

I believe Gillon was actually rattled by the Airball chants. He made the big one to cut it to 3 because it was a late clock situation so he just had to shoot. Before then, he was rattled and wanted nothing to do with shooting.

I completely agree. Which is amazing since he's in his 5th year of college. That nonsense shouldn't bother a 23 year old at this point...

I completely agree. Which is amazing since he's in his 5th year of college. That nonsense shouldn't bother a 23 year old at this point...

Maybe chants like that are frowned upon in the Mountain West. I will say this: I do like that Gillon took full responsibility for this loss. Won't help us on Selection Sunday but at least he knows he sucked.

Maybe chants like that are frowned upon in the Mountain West. I will say this: I do like that Gillon took full responsibility for this loss. Won't help us on Selection Sunday but at least he knows he sucked.

I didn't see that. Was that in an article?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom