I am proud of this team this season but only Ennis, Fair, Christmas showed up tonight | Syracusefan.com

I am proud of this team this season but only Ennis, Fair, Christmas showed up tonight

Alsacs

Living Legend
We had a 33-20 lead and this team got absolutely nothing from Grant, Cooney, Gbinije. We had a big lead and allowed yet another opponent to dictate tempo and take advantage of stall ball. The only difference tonight is BC could shoot the 3 ball really well and because they shortened the game and made their 3's while Syracuse offense looked ridiculously unprepared outside of Fair posting up his shorter guy lead to this loss. While we are still a NC contender and JB will forget more than I will ever know the fact we did nothing to try to speed BC up till OT led to this loss. I am feel we will win games, but this team NEEDS to force tempo a lot better. The fact BC was down 13 and still came back so easily is related to the fact BC made almost every 3 pt attempt they took in the 2nd half, but nobody on this team tonight gave a crap and we deserved lose. I hate stall ball and this game is a perfect example of why the NCAA should shorten the shot clock. BC was smart and knew the only chance they had was to milk 25 seconds each possession and then make a play in the last 10 seconds its freaking annoying to watch, but it makes sense for inferior teams to follow.

Fair showed up in body only. 23 shots and a lot of them long jumpers or running left handers early in the shot clock. Not good baskeball.

Yes, without CJ tonight we lose by 20. We fell asleep once we got up 13 and let BC back in the game...it was a team loss.

But to say CJ Fair didn't show up is incorrect.

Again, and sorry to keep repeating this, but I've never seen one player so inept at trying to execute bank shots during the course of a game as CJ tonight. It was like he really had no idea how to do it.

I agree that he did not play well and his shooting was frustrating, but it's hard to say he didn't show up when he had 20 & 12:confused:

Roc missed FTs and bunnies left and right. Ennis made some killer turnovers and missed a huge FT. And CJ was a black hole and shot poorly.

Did you watch TONIGHT'S game?

No one showed up really. Ennis and Fair put up OK stats, but they were both really below average.

Grant and Cooney were waayyyyy too quiet offensively. Fair has to start looking for his teammates more. If you take 23 shots you better make at least 12 of them.

Again, and sorry to keep repeating this, but I've never seen one player so inept at trying to execute bank shots during the course of a game as CJ tonight. It was like he really had no idea how to do it.

He certainly seems to have mastered the airball off the backboard. Not sure why he's loaded that one up in his arsenal - but he's breaking it out big-time of late.

Ennis, and CJ were pretty mediocore tonight. Did CJ make a single shot outside of 3 feet? I can't remember the last time he hit a jumper. He also missed a couple of easy passes for buckets...I don't know.

How in the F does Roberson not get a single minute when CJ was stinking it up for large chunks of the game and Christmas in foul trouble and Keita obviously still hobbled?????
Fair will not sit unless he's in trouble foul from here on out. He's pretty much immune.

Fair's defense looks very lackluster at times, especially tonight. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if he was nursing a minor injury.

We had a 33-20 lead and this team got absolutely nothing from Grant, Cooney, Gbinije. We had a big lead and allowed yet another opponent to dictate tempo and take advantage of stall ball. The only difference tonight is BC could shoot the 3 ball really well and because they shortened the game and made their 3's while Syracuse offense looked ridiculously unprepared outside of Fair posting up his shorter guy lead to this loss. While we are still a NC contender and JB will forget more than I will ever know the fact we did nothing to try to speed BC up till OT led to this loss. I am feel we will win games, but this team NEEDS to force tempo a lot better. The fact BC was down 13 and still came back so easily is related to the fact BC made almost every 3 pt attempt they took in the 2nd half, but nobody on this team tonight gave a crap and we deserved lose. I hate stall ball and this game is a perfect example of why the NCAA should shorten the shot clock. BC was smart and knew the only chance they had was to milk 25 seconds each possession and then make a play in the last 10 seconds its freaking annoying to watch, but it makes sense for inferior teams to follow.
I agree with you to a point. But IMO our poor offensive discipline/strategy cost us big. Instead of just pounding the paint and attacking the rim for most of this game SU played right into BC with poor shot selection. Settling for quick, contested jump shots that nobody could hit. The success we had was when we pounded the ball inside. Then we just stopped doing that. Defensively this was like the first game. BC cannot beat us by scoring enough 2 pt baskets. All they want to do is go inside then throw it back out to open 3 pt shooters. Yet time after time we collapse the zone and leave the perimeter shooters. Very poor strategy and the staff never adjusted in either game. Very disappointing loss. And this is a bad loss that will be potentially very costly if we don't win at UVA and now we MUST avoid losing to Maryland and/or FSU. The margin for error is gone.

Yes, without CJ tonight we lose by 20. We fell asleep once we got up 13 and let BC back in the game...it was a team loss.

I'm not sure that's true.

Fair will not sit unless he's in trouble foul from here on out. He's pretty much immune.
He's the only guy on the team that attempted to rebound.

SO... we beat ND with only cooney showing up.

maybe, but maybe if they spread the shots around, the offense gets untracked.

the late game offense has become entirely too predictable. Back half of the conference schedule, everyone has studied the tape.

you can't keep going over and over and over again to the same two players.

SO... we beat ND with only cooney showing up.
Yeah, ND didn't have the 3 pt shooters that BC had or made 9 of 20 from 3 pt range. I could careless if Cooney showed up against ND he didn't show up tonight. I still love this team and that kid, but its true he didn't show up tonight. Who cares about the ND game that was 2 weeks ago we let a 6 win team with one of those wins against a D2 come into the Dome and dictate tempo and beat us. We can still win the NC, but this team had multiple players Grant and Cooney play terribly tonight.

maybe, but maybe if they spread the shots around, the offense gets untracked.

the late game offense has become entirely too predictable. Back half of the conference schedule, everyone has studied the tape.

you can't keep going over and over and over again to the same two players.

Not disagreeing. We lost this game due to a terrible 4 minutes of defense and too many missed free throws. Offensively, we missed a few easy shots too...the killer being RAKs missed bunny in regulation. Just a really bad loss.

He's the only guy on the team that attempted to rebound.

Eh, sort of. He had around 8 boards 10 minutes into the game. Finished with 11. A good showing, but he wasn't really owning the boards most of the night.

CJ had 20 pts on 23 attempts ( 7 for 23) - not sure I'd call that showing up.
And he forced a bad shot way to early in the clock in our second to last possession in OT when we were only down 1 at the time.
But really, this was a disappointing effort by the entire team tonight.
We should have run away with this game once we got up by 13 - or at least never should have given up the lead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom