I am sick | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am sick

It'll be ok.

We're a middling ACC team at best and a good year means we're either last few in or on the bubble.

That's our recalibrated measuring stick for success.

It's where we are as a program now so might as well accept it. It also helps with tough losses like today when you are more grounded in this reality.

Obviously, this prolly won't be a good year (unless we go on some sort of magical run in the ACC tourney.)

On the plus side, we're at least competitive in most games, which is a lot better than many thought we'd be after the first month of the season... It was looking really bleak earlier this season...

I give boeheim a lot of credit... One of his better coaching years in recent memory getting this team competitve, as they looked atrocious early on.
Like to point out;
1 red shirted player
Potential pg out with broken hand
Replacement pg out several games with broken nose
Freshman pg forced to take over, actually playing well (remember not a top 100 recruit)
Soph forward out for most of season with unknown/undisclosed knee problem.
Star forward misses about 95% of a game with thigh injury
So this un-atheletic is doing well to battle thru the season. Happenstance? Not likely.

Bashing the refs for a loss is a pretty popular cry but the 4 point play by Walker was Terrible. Did Espn show any replay of that call. It’s on Espns NCAA plays of the day but he was never touched by Gerard. Instead he flops and gets the call. Espn to busy facilitating Corey Alexander’s BS but not showing a slow motion replay. The announcers were having a mutual climax instead of proving appropriate coverage.

Like to point out;
1 red shirted player
Freshman pg forced to take over, actually playing well (remember not a top 100 recruit)
So this un-atheletic is doing well to battle thru the season. Happenstance? Not likely.

Injuries are a fact of life for every team.

Like to point out;
1 red shirted player

God Bless Coach B...is that your perspective?

Bashing the refs for a loss is a pretty popular cry but the 4 point play by Walker was Terrible. Did Espn show any replay of that call. It’s on Espns NCAA plays of the day but he was never touched by Gerard. Instead he flops and gets the call. Espn to busy facilitating Corey Alexander’s BS but not showing a slow motion replay. The announcers were having a mutual climax instead of proving appropriate coverage.
The inconsistency of reffing has been brutal. I don't think the ref even saw the play happen. He saw Walker on the floor after the shot and assumed Joe ran in to him. In another sequence, Marek stood in the lane ready to take a charge. FSU player runs directly in to him and both guys go to the floor. Should have been a charge or a block. Ball comes out, we recover and Hughes gets an outlet pass and is running up the left side of the court with an FSU player on his hip. They blow a whistle and call a foul on the FSU player for what I can only imagine was that their jerseys touched each other. Gotta be frustrating for players and coaches cause it sure as hell is for me.

We beat duke last year without Tre Jones, no one said “well ackshuly it wasn’t a good win” you play who you can. Hughes played hurt. Does FSU get that asterisk?
No need for an asterisk when you win.

As am I...

-At home vs. Notre Dame...we were up three or four with a minute and a half left...lost
-At Clemson...winning by four with the ball...and lose.
-At FSU...winning by four...and lose.

Big missed FTs at the end of games and too many low IQ plays at the end have blown these games. Too many choked games will keep us watching postseason basketball in the NIT.
We had a lead late vs. NCSU too

In game coaching has been an issue, amplified in the last 5 minutes when we can’t stop a hom mm . I know some will say JB has no fault but he’s done little to help get this team out of the middle of the lack rut, when there were so many golden chances.

Injuries are a fact of life for every team.
Yes they are but look what almost happened to Florida missing just 1 player. Many are slamming the coach or individual players they fail to appreciate how good a job JB has done with this team. This not the same team that lost all those early games. Not the same team that scored only 34 against Virginia. I don't say God bless JB as another reply suggested but do appreciate what has done.

Yes they are but look what almost happened to Florida missing just 1 player. Many are slamming the coach or individual players they fail to appreciate how good a job JB has done with this team. This not the same team that lost all those early games. Not the same team that scored only 34 against Virginia. I don't say God bless JB as another reply suggested but do appreciate what has done.

...and my post you are criticizing ended with this:

I give boeheim a lot of credit... One of his better coaching years in recent memory getting this team competitve, as they looked atrocious early on.

So not sure why you are lecturing me??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom