I am terrified of the first 8 minutes of this game. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I am terrified of the first 8 minutes of this game.

Any team that can score 100 on a P5 team means you have to be concerned because you cant do that without playing well on offense for a whole game.. Miami had to shoot 50% from 3 to beat them that day.

They dont have a ton of size but they move the ball and they dont care who takes the shots.

And when a game like Colgate happens you have to worry when is it gonna happen again

i'm not sure if our defense picked up or cornell's shooting went south. they had open looks. and it doesn't hurt when the other team shoots just 2 FTS. refs very generous again.

Any team that can score 100 on a P5 team means you have to be concerned because you cant do that without playing well on offense for a whole game.. Miami had to shoot 50% from 3 to beat them that day.

They dont have a ton of size but they move the ball and they dont care who takes the shots.

And when a game like Colgate happens you have to worry when is it gonna happen again
The defense has improved orders of magnitude since the Colgate game and was rotating and closing out very fast which caused Cornell to have to search longer and take quick shots which lowered their percentage. Cornell pressed most of the second half and Cuse handled it really well. It was a great game to play in prep for the conference schedule.

i'm not sure if our defense picked up or cornell's shooting went south. they had open looks. and it doesn't hurt when the other team shoots just 2 FTS. refs very generous again.

Couple things. Game pressure forced Cornell to rush many of those looks. Tired legs from their early chaos where they tried to take the game before halftime.

As for the FTs... they shot 49 3s. You aren't getting many FTs that way. They avoided our bigs or got blocked. Monmouth did the same.

"As for the FTs... they shot 49 3s. You aren't getting many FTs that way. They avoided our bigs or got blocked. Monmouth did the same."

sure thing. we were a perimeter oriented team last year. flip those stats last 2 games and our fans would FREAK.

"As for the FTs... they shot 49 3s. You aren't getting many FTs that way. They avoided our bigs or got blocked. Monmouth did the same."

sure thing. we were a perimeter oriented team last year. flip those stats last 2 games and our fans would FREAK.

We were a perimeter oriented team last year but we were never close to taking 49 3’s. Most we took was 34 and we averaged 24. Half what they attempted yesterday.

Watch the game. We were never as undersized as they were in a game. They didn't even try to initiate contact. There were not fouls to even call.

i said flip the stat and we'd flip.be a ten page rant. deep state. acc conspiracy. truth told. refs have been kind.

fouls 156/188 . fts 203/164. nice cushion.

Last edited:
Our zone has come out stiff,flat and peg leg slow for several games so far. That is recipe tomorrow for a big hole to climb out of with this Cornell team. The hope is it at least forces Cornell to pass the ball around a little and work into the shot clock a bit which they aren’t used to. I’m also hoping it was a good practice week for Maliq. I want to see more of him simply because I’ve yet to see him 1. Make a bad play and 2. Not make a good play. It’s that simple.
You are too kind. I was terrified of the first 11.5 minutes of this game.

Back to this thread after the Pitt loss. Coach need to figure out the lethargic slow starts that has hurt the team and contribute to our losses. Now that we are in conference play, if this continues, I don't see how we win any games. A change is desperately needed to address this problem and I think Joe and Chris are the weak links defensively and should come off the bench. Perhaps insert Copeland and Brown to start or Symir and Brown.

Back to this thread after the Pitt loss. Coach need to figure out the lethargic slow starts that has hurt the team and contribute to our losses. Now that we are in conference play, if this continues, I don't see how we win any games. A change is desperately needed to address this problem and I think Joe and Chris are the weak links defensively and should come off the bench. Perhaps insert Copeland and Brown to start or Symir and Brown.
No issues with Joe starting on THIS team. When he starts hot, he usually has a complete game.

Bell, as discussed in full, brings nothing as a starter. Should be used in spots and when he's hitting shots, he can play.

No issues with Joe starting on THIS team. When he starts hot, he usually has a complete game.

Bell, as discussed in full, brings nothing as a starter. Should be used in spots and when he's hitting shots, he can play.
I disagree only because it has been proven in numerous games that we need to get off to a better start defensively. Both Brown and Copeland provide the type of energy we need to not fall behind greatly right out the gate. It's worth a try and shaking things up is what good coaches do when an answer is needed for continuous poor play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom