I bet Delany and Big Ten regret blocking the ACC Championship game proposal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I bet Delany and Big Ten regret blocking the ACC Championship game proposal

ACC and SEC will not push for it. Clemson and FSU play their in-state SEC teams every year.
As do GA Tech and some school in Louisville.

While it pains me greatly to say this, Ped State (w/Moorhead as OC) was likely the best squad in the B1G this year. No proof to offer, I just think they were better than Ohio State this year. Yes, they lost by one point in Columbus, but they had firm control of that game for about 48-50 minutes. Took Herculean effort from Barrett for Urban to pull that out of his arse.

Last year Penn State should have been in the tourney. I think there was a general unspoken agreement by just about everybody that their exclusion was an appropriate action given how light a penalty they had for such an egregious violation of decency.

Last year Penn State should have been in the tourney. I think there was a general unspoken agreement by just about everybody that their exclusion was an appropriate action given how light a penalty they had for such an egregious violation of decency.

Was there any coach or player on that team who deserved to be punished?

Was there any coach or player on that team who deserved to be punished?

No, but that's what I think happened. A college team is more than just its players and coach, they also represent the institution. That Penn State team deserved better. The institution deserved far, far worse.

I think the same happened to us with the absolute worst ref'd CBB game I'd ever seen in the NCAA's vs Ohio State coming off the Bernie Fine crap. It almost got me to quit watching *all sports*...

Had nothing to do with it, they got left out because they had two losses, one of which was a 39 point beating.

It will be interesting to see how Florida State rebounds. I have to admit I liked having a strong FSU and Clemson, say what you may it was good for the ACC...it will be interesting to see where they land with a coach and what he brings to FSU.

I have to believe that FSU will be fine.

And I think Jimbo will regret leaving Tallahassee.

The Lions beat OSU and won the Big Ten Championship.

They should have gone ahead of the Buckeyes.

If they were in a 3-3-5 wouldn't the CCG still have been Wisconson and Ohio State? Wisconson and Ohio State were the 2 highest rated teams in the BiG.
If they used 3-5-5, the records of some of the teams might have been different. Wisky, for example, would likely not have dodged OSU, PSU, and MSU.

Edit: I just noticed the Alsacs post above. Sorry for the redundancy.

No, but that's what I think happened. A college team is more than just its players and coach, they also represent the institution. That Penn State team deserved better. The institution deserved far, far worse.

Didn’t they lose 49-10? I think the committee was right for setting a precedence that you cannot get blown out (unless you win round 2 in the conference championship game).