I blame it on ACC/B1G challenge schedule | Syracusefan.com

I blame it on ACC/B1G challenge schedule

blust2i3d4

Starter
If we had an opponent like Maryland, Northwestern or anyone in No. 5- No. 9 in B1G. It would be an easy road win for us. Instead, we played B1G No. 2 Wisconsin again whose style is very difficult for our zone defense.

If we had an opponent like Maryland, Northwestern or anyone in No. 5- No. 9 in B1G. It would be an easy road win for us. Instead, we played B1G No. 2 Wisconsin again whose style is very difficult for our zone defense.

Have we fallen so far as a program that we're afraid of playing Wisconsin? They are a 9 seed in this year's tournament and the only good team we played in the non-conference this year other than Monmouth.

In December we lost to SJU, Georgetown, and UCONN. I really doubt we would have beaten Maryland or Northwestern on the road (remember 2 road wins all year) at that time. We couldn't even beat BC on the road this year. And there you go.

Yeah...the losses to sub 500 teams have nothing to do with being left out. 35 point loss to a craptastic St. John's in the Dome just screams tournament worthy.

In December we lost to SJU, Georgetown, and UCONN. I really doubt we would have beaten Maryland or Northwestern on the road (remember 2 road wins all year) at that time. We couldn't even beat BC on the road this year. And there you go.

It is probably fate. If we had played Wisconsin on road last year and at home this year, we probably would have won this year and doesn't matter last year. Also in the closing moment, we could have won the UConn game. Or Battle could dump successfully in the late against Miami in ACC tournament. Any small change of the above, even just one bit would have helped us get in NCAA tournament.

Like I would tell my 10-year olds and six-year old, be accountable for what you did and didn't do.

The schedule did not screw over Syracuse. At. All.

Umm... I don't think you were paying attention in December.

Please. At that point we werent beating anyone. Not to mention we never had a quality road win the entire year.

Like I would tell my 10-year olds and six-year old, be accountable for what you did and didn't do.

Preview

I agree with you 100%. This is on us. That said, his point has some level of validity. Wisconsin was a tough matchup for us in the Challenge. We would have had a much better shot beating OSU or Norethwestern or Minny or Iowa, etc. The Badgers game was a losing proposition 9/10 times. And at the end, one more road/neutral victory would have done it.

Stop. Losing by 30 at home to sju?

We lost to Saint. Johns at home and south Carolina in Brooklyn. Maryland at home is far better than those teams. We need to play at a holiday tournament like charelston, Virgin islands, Orlando or wherever each and every season if we aren't going to Maui or one of the marquee tournaments. 3 neutral cite games is better than home against Binghamton any day.

Losing to Wisc had no bearing on anything,it wasn't a bad loss at all.

I agree with you 100%. This is on us. That said, his point has some level of validity. Wisconsin was a tough matchup for us in the Challenge. We would have had a much better shot beating OSU or Norethwestern or Minny or Iowa, etc. The Badgers game was a losing proposition 9/10 times. And at the end, one more road/neutral victory would have done it.
Now that we are in the ACC and the Network is starting in 2019, the $$$$$ is gonna flow in. With that in mind, I'd like to see SU rotate a single game every year at Buffalo (Canisus, UBuff, Bonas), Rochester (Bonas) or Albany (Siena, UAlbany). We win 19/20 and get to bump our resume. Thoughts.

I'll be much more worried when they start pairing us with Northwestern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom