I can'r remember if we have ever had positive adjustments to the roster this late in the year | Syracusefan.com

I can'r remember if we have ever had positive adjustments to the roster this late in the year

CaliCuse

All American
I know we have lost players but adding them is seemingly rare at least in my terrible memory.A WR and DT are great if they get admitted in time to practice with e team. BTW Speaking of WRs . Has anyone heard anything about Lemon's status?:noidea:

I know we have lost players but adding them is seemingly rare at least in my terrible memory.A WR and DT are great if they get admitted in time to practice with e team. BTW Speaking of WRs . Has anyone heard anything about Lemon's status?:noidea:

Marrone has worked the free agent market every season.

Marrones first recruiting class, he brought in Derek Hines and John-Mark Henderson around the same time, maybe a little earlier but I remember it being really late for recruiting class adds. Easy to forget them though because they didn't make it out of camp :noidea:

The last one that really panned out for us would have to be Chad Eliot.
:oops:

Marrone has worked the free agent market every season.
I di d forget about Bromley, working the "free agent market is a good thing. Sometimes I wish Jimmy would do that like bringing in a pg late this year if there are any kids out there capable of playing in the Dome without pissing them selves when introduced before a game.:eek:

Paulus?
Paulus came in before Doug started his coaching but it wasn't this late I don't think. I met Doug the day Paulus was announced here in LA along with Chris Gedney at the ESPN Center next to the Staple Center. A great day . Paulus was also kind of a bird falling out of the sky. It was a mutual benefit thing with his desire to go further with his education and extending his playing time eligibility.:p

I di d forget about Bromley, working the "free agent market is a good thing. Sometimes I wish Jimmy would do that like bringing in a pg late this year if there are any kids out there capable of playing in the Dome without pissing them selves when introduced before a game.:eek:
That rules me out.

I thought Paulus came into the picture well after Spring practice -- because RN came out of Spring #1, and got bumped when GP arrived.

I thought Paulus came into the picture well after Spring practice -- because RN came out of Spring #1, and got bumped when GP arrived.
you are correct

these kids are usually never contributors but we'll see.

I think Kose was the only late JUCO add by Marrone that even stuck with the team long enough to see the field. And to say he was a contributor is a stretch. So yeah I hear you there. I did forget about Cruz and Weaver, although I'd consider them to be a little different situation since they were contributors on a 1AA team at Hofstra.

The one I do like on the DL man is that he's freaking huge and a BB player so he's got to have some agility. Maybe he spends a year red shirting and the staff is able to make something out of him.

I think Kose was the only late JUCO add by Marrone that even stuck with the team long enough to see the field. And to say he was a contributor is a stretch. So yeah I hear you there. I did forget about Cruz and Weaver, although I'd consider them to be a little different situation since they were contributors on a 1AA team at Hofstra.

The one I do like on the DL man is that he's freaking huge and a BB player so he's got to have some agility. Maybe he spends a year red shirting and the staff is able to make something out of him.

I believe Walls has two years to play two, and does not have the option to redshirt. He played basketball at a different JUCO for a year before going to Mississippi and playing two years of football.

A likely scenario for him would probably be both field goal units and punt return this year.

Does anyone know how well Walls can run? 6'7 290 DT w/ a basketball background could also turn into a 6'7 270 TE.

these kids are usually never contributors but we'll see.
True - the odds of Christopher Clark being another Taj Smith are not in his favor. But in the past Marrone has complained that once injuries start to pile up, that he often doesn't even have enough healthy bodies to properly run a practice. Hopefully these guys are worth investing a roster spot, because ultimately they count against our 85 player limit.

I believe Walls has two years to play two, and does not have the option to redshirt. He played basketball at a different JUCO for a year before going to Mississippi and playing two years of football.

A likely scenario for him would probably be both field goal units and punt return this year.

I know he was a Sr. at Lincoln in 08-09 so you're probably right. I think the original post on the Syracuse.com site had him playing at the Mississippi JUCO for the 10-11 season so it sounded like he sat out last year. Not sure though.