i cant believe….. | Syracusefan.com

i cant believe…..

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
that awesome 2011-12 team was 10 freaking years ago. literally feels like yesterday. i went to so many games that year, they played a bunch in the nyc/nj/philly area. plus boston in the regionals. waiters that year was 1 of my favorite cuse players to watch ever.

AR6TCAAFENDOJLOGJLBBKEZICQ.JPG

Wish there were more games on YouTube of that team. I know 20Plus provided a bunch that I was so happy he transferred/uploaded, but the only ones I could find at some point were

VT
UConn
@UConn
UConn BET
Cincinatti BET
Ohio State

Wish there were more games on YouTube of that team. I know 20Plus provided a bunch that I was so happy he transferred/uploaded, but the only ones I could find at some point were

VT
UConn
@UConn
Cincinatti BET
Ohio State

The only games posted are ones when Syracuse loses! So irritating.

When Southerland was hot shooting this team was unstoppable.

I’m sure we all can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if we just played Fab anyway in the tourney- and if the refs weren’t out to get us and the narrative already written (Aaron Craft is such a wholesome guy and his brother is here!) against OSU. That was some WWE Survivor Series, The Rock is Vince’s chosen blue chipper guy to win this thing stuff.

Us and Kentucky were the two best teams all year, and even if they were favored….that’s pretty close to a 50-50 matchup IMO.

Heard waiters didn’t let btriche score in practice for two months

Scoop
Triche
Joseph
Christmas
Melo

MCW
Waiters
Southerland
Fair
Keita

Most talented SU team ever, 1-10. No other team had two long time future NBA stud guards that didn’t start, and 10 legit good college players.
Deepest team probably. Just didn’t have the top end talent that the 87 or 89 teams had. 09-10 is in that conversation too.

Those four would be my top four in some order.

I’m sure we all can’t help but wonder what would’ve happened if we just played Fab anyway in the tourney- and if the refs weren’t out to get us and the narrative already written (Aaron Craft is such a wholesome guy and his brother is here!) against OSU. That was some WWE Survivor Series, The Rock is Vince’s chosen blue chipper guy to win this thing stuff.

Us and Kentucky were the two best teams all year, and even if they were favored….that’s pretty close to a 50-50 matchup IMO.
The Arinze injury year we were more dominant. I was waaaaaaaay more confident in us winning that tourney if AO doesn’t get hurt than I would have been if Melo didn’t get suspended in 2012.

VT
UConn
@UConn
UConn BET
Cincinatti BET
Ohio State

The Wisconsin and Kansas State NCAA games are in the “classic games” thread on this board if someone wants to bump it. The Louisville game at the Dome when we ran them out of the building is on that thread too.

The Arinze injury year we were more dominant. I was waaaaaaaay more confident in us winning that tourney if AO doesn’t get hurt than I would have been if Melo didn’t get suspended in 2012.

yeah, that ‘10 team just had that locked in rotation of guys that fit perfectly together, and things tended to click on all cylinders more often.

‘12 team was one of the rare Syracuse teams I can remember where sometimes our depth would just wear teams out and even if we sometimes struggled for stretches, it was just a matter of time before we got it rolling and our talent and depth won out.

Scoop
Triche
Joseph
Christmas
Melo

MCW
Waiters
Southerland
Fair
Keita

Most talented SU team ever, 1-10. No other team had two long time future NBA stud guards that didn’t start, and 10 legit good college players.
Joseph, Christmas, Melo and Sutherland all cashed NBA checks too.

Not many. But they did.

Joseph, Christmas, Melo and Sutherland all cashed NBA checks too.

Not many. But they did.
Right. 6 NBA guys.

And of some of the guys who didn’t, Scoop was a 5th year senior, Triche in his 3rd (of 4) year as a starter, and Fair might’ve been the most effective guy at playing his role in the college game over the course of his career. He was a year away from being the team’s leading scorer, but he was exceptionally effective as a role player as a soph.

2010 we were the best team in the country. no doubt about it. i really think we would have coasted to the title with ao.

2012 kentucky was the best team, i dont think we would have beat them with fab, but definitely woulda made final 4.

One of the best schadenfreude experiences was reading the SJU message board after that game at MSG where we just blew them out and had 75% of a nearly sold out arena.

Yeah, but those were two massive missed opportunities.

That 2010 team had perfect offensive balance. They were a bit turnover prone, but they passed better on the interior than any other SU team I've ever seen. Position versatility, good bench, inside scoring, Wes, Andy, etc.

That 2012 team beat people differently. They didn't have a low post game, but were so good defensively they got lots of easy run out scores by forcing turnovers. And we had two better guys on the bench who would come into the game than starters [Dion and CJ]. This team was virtually impossible to build a defensive game plan around, because even if you succeeded in taking something away or selling out to stop a player, the other 8 guys would kill you.

Both teams had legitimate shots. Frustrating that Boeheim wasn't able to capitalize on either great team to get title #2. They were both LEGITIMATE contenders, which you can't say often.

that awesome 2011-12 team was 10 freaking years ago. literally feels like yesterday. i went to so many games that year, they played a bunch in the nyc/nj/philly area. plus boston in the regionals. waiters that year was 1 of my favorite cuse players to watch ever.
Think that was my favorite season ever (outside the title year). That team top to bottom was dominating, they could walk into any gym and it was a win. Every game on the schedule was a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom