I can't stand inter league play when the DH is eliminated for the NL home games | Syracusefan.com

I can't stand inter league play when the DH is eliminated for the NL home games

CaliCuse

All American
I don't give a s# about the checkerboard managerial movesin the NL game. Never have and never will. The DH helps the older players like a Jeter to get a rest and nicked players off the field but batting. The commissioner should put the DH in the NL and equalize the leagues for all games, regular season and playoffs.

Well, it had to happen sooner or later.

I actually agree with Cali on something. :D

lol. DH is the stupidest thing in all of sports.

The fact the World Series is contested in a manner where 3 or 4 games are constructed at huge competitive advantage to the National League is crazy. I hate the no DH in the NL just because AL teams spend the entire offseason, regular, and post seasons constructing their teams with lineups that include DHs and then in the World Series the Championship round they have to play the most important games with how their teams weren't intended to be constructed.

It would be like in the NBA if the Western conference didn't allow the 3 pt line in any home game by a Western conference team or in the NFL the AFC home games would have the XP from 25 yard line and then NFC had the XP from 3 yard line. Just have uniform rules either no DH in either league or the NL needs to realize fans pay to see hitters not pitchers hitting and if a team wants its pitcher to be its DH go ahead.

everyone else that plays the field has to bat, why should the pitcher be exempt?

I hate when the National League teams have to use a DH in interleague play. Invariably whenever the Reds play on the road at an AL city their DH is batting 9th. They have to add a bench player to their lineup and that stinks.

designated hitters are to baseball what breast implants are to sex: sometimes makes it better to watch, but most of us prefer the real thing when actually participating

moqui said:
designated hitters are to baseball what breast implants are to s e x : sometimes makes it better to watch, but most of us prefer the real thing when actually participating

I actually love the fakers, they don't feel great but they're real nice.