I can't wait until the commitments start dropping... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I can't wait until the commitments start dropping...

Athletes lack motivation “today” compared to years ago and it’s because there were more sports movies out a long time ago to keep those athletes motivated. :confused::confused::confused:

This seems like a reach even by this boards standards.
Relax, its written tongue in cheek my man.

Alabama's starting OL goes 360, 352, 360, 316 and 305

...so he can play heavy and I think they'll just try to get him in better shape and lighter on his feet. When healthy and in shape he's played well; last season.

Georgia OL goes 320, 315, 310, 310, 320

Michigan avg is about 320.

TAMU avg about 325

Texas only has one guy under 320 and one starter that goes 343

Syracuse goes 311, 302, 315, 323, 292; avg 308
while watching the Mich-Ohio St, and Ga-Alabama, I remarked to my friend that most of the OL probably weigh one 300lbs, but most do not have big guts. They were just big men

Relax, its written tongue in cheek my man.

How would I know. Lots of people think the younger generation are lazy compared to the “older generation”.

I apologize though for not getting that that was tongue in cheek though.

Great movie for a 15 year old back in the day. People wonder why some athletes lack motivation today, its probably because they lack a plethora of great sports movies to guide them.

* Impressing a young Uma Thurman? Check.
* Beating Shute? Check.
* Bringing a championship to depressed Armpipe? Check.

I always wanted to go to Ole Tex. That recruiting visit was off the charts.

Please don't apologize. I am always trying to joke around on here, and sometimes people laugh.

I jumped to conclusions and sounded like a D and that’s my fault. So apology was necessary. Went right over my head reading things too quickly.

Question for recruitniks. About how many 5* are there in a year?

I know there are official visits this weekend … then what? Is that it for visits this year?

Obviously we all hope to build on the momentum and get some verbals from these studs asap. Like peeing in the trough at the dome, once you start, it keeps coming. Who’s gonna break our seal?

Do you guys think he can drop 55 pounds. I think if he plays he is going to be 360 minimum
I have no idea how controlled he is with his diet. I think most people that are close to 400 lbs and doing moderate exercise regularly can lose 55 lbs by making reasonable changes to their diet. Forget football. For the sake of his health I hope he can.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kinds of players Coach Fran will bring in. He talked about liking to hit, being able to run the ball, and being able to stop the run. I've been watching some games from the era that he talked of wanting to emulate. Are we going to see an influx of superior linemen on both sides of the ball? What positions do you think he'll focus on?

I'm looking forward to seeing the kinds of players Coach Fran will bring in. He talked about liking to hit, being able to run the ball, and being able to stop the run. I've been watching some games from the era that he talked of wanting to emulate. Are we going to see an influx of superior linemen on both sides of the ball? What positions do you think he'll focus on?
Based on croots so far it seems like defensive linemen, corners, and WRs.

As a Rutgers fan I fully expect the combination of Brown and Robinson will have Cuse with a vastly better recruiting class
In NJ you will get many players RU would like

You have to hope that Brown is ready to be a head coach, jumping up from a position coach
Having good assistants would be key

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom