I Certainly Don't Like To Lose To Georgetown, But ... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I Certainly Don't Like To Lose To Georgetown, But ...

jncuse

Living Legend
Benny's coming. If you were a coach in a nip and tuck game, would put a freshman in where he is bound to make a mistake or 2 and cost you the game? You have to go with experience in those situations. I expect Benny to pick up huge PT over the next month.

That is the whole point of a rotation. To get bench guys 10 minutes a game while ensuring they are not playing at the end of the game. And ensuring your starters are fresher and more effective for that last stretch of the game.

It is an accepted practice by nearly every basketball coach in the world.

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
That is the whole point of a rotation. To get bench guys 10 minutes a game while ensuring they are not playing at the end of the game. And ensuring your starters are fresher for that last stretch.

The game was up for grabs. 1 3 point shot would have made the difference. Benny is still trying to get his confidence, I don't think you want to put him in a situation at this point that he makes a couple of mistakes and ends up blaming himself for the loss. We need him during league play to be ready to ignite.

dollarbill44

Hall of Fame
Benny's coming. If you were a coach in a nip and tuck game, would put a freshman in where he is bound to make a mistake or 2 and cost you the game? You have to go with experience in those situations. I expect Benny to pick up huge PT over the next month.
That's a losing mentality as a coach to think that about any of your "rotation" guys. Also, who's advocating putting the subs in at the end? You can keep your starters fresher at crunch time by giving them periodic breathers throughout the game at lower pressure times. That's what most coaches do.
I don't understand the concept seemingly embraced by so many here, including our head coach, that playing a sub during the game somehow translates into losing the game.

We've heard it countless times that "you only get to play 5 guys at a time, so it only makes sense to play your best 5." My counter to that is your best 5 can be better at the end if they aren't gassed, physically and mentally.
"Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - Vince Lombardi.

dollarbill44

Hall of Fame
That is the whole point of a rotation. To get bench guys 10 minutes a game while ensuring they are not playing at the end of the game. And ensuring your starters are fresher and more effective for that last stretch of the game.

You beat me to it, nearly verbatim, but more succinctly.

dollarbill44

Hall of Fame
The game was up for grabs. 1 3 point shot would have made the difference. Benny is still trying to get his confidence, I don't think you want to put him in a situation at this point that he makes a couple of mistakes and ends up blaming himself for the loss. We need him during league play to be ready to ignite.
You completely missed the point; so completely.

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
That's a losing mentality as a coach to think that about any of your "rotation" guys. Also, who's advocating putting the subs in at the end? You can keep your starters fresher at crunch time by giving them periodic breathers throughout the game at lower pressure times. That's what most coaches do.
I don't understand the concept seemingly embraced by so many here, including our head coach, that playing a sub during the game somehow translates into losing the game.

We've heard it countless times that "you only get to play 5 guys at a time, so it only makes sense to play your best 5." My counter to that is your best 5 can be better at the end if they aren't gassed, physically and mentally.
"Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - Vince Lombardi.
I guess you're one of the guys that knows more than the winningest coach of all time.

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
You can’t even get that one right
I count him as the winningest coach of all time because the NCAA mafia cost him so many wins and championships while they allow other "blueblood" tema to buy players and pad their records. See Duke, Kansas and UK as well as many others. Of course, I see it like that because I'm an actual Syracuse fan.

CuseFaninVT

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading RPG
I count him as the winningest coach of all time because the NCAA mafia cost him so many wins and championships while they allow other "blueblood" tema to buy players and pad their records. See Duke, Kansas and UK as well as many others. Of course, I see it like that because I'm an actual Syracuse fan.
No, you’re a Boeheim fan.

And Boeheim is tied for 5th on the list of Mens coaches.

And two womens coaches are ahead of him as well

Learn to be specific

CousCuse

Comin in Hot
No, you’re a Boeheim fan.
Pretty hard not to be a supporter of Boeheim when he has accomplished so much. And this years team will will get on track and be very good as well.

CuseFaninVT

Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner Hoops Leading RPG
You're just a Boeheim hater.
I wouldn’t say I hate him, just realize he’s overstayed his welcome, as far as I’m concerned

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRZCoachT

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom