I didn't mean to scare everybody. See ya Friday. | Syracusefan.com

I didn't mean to scare everybody. See ya Friday.

At around the mentioned time, JB starts to look ever so slightly anxious and his mannerisms remind me a little of Karl Childers in Slingblade. I wish there had been a bit more of that. I looked for short clips to illustrate what I meant but didnt find any.

If anyone cares to hear the story of how Karl and the epic Slingblade came to be, here is a recollection of it where BBT actually goes into character in a couple of spots which is rare for him to do. By showing the plight of misfits and outcasts and their interaction with "normal" folks, this movie warms my heart like few others ever have and probably ever will. If JB reminds me of it in any way, it makes me enjoy him even more.

Last edited:
JB is going to play the guys that give us the best chance to win. Everyone worried about Buss not getting PT can relax. JB talked about the bench and specifically mention Buss and Mike as being ready to contribute and play like starters even referencing the Scoop and Kris bench. He then said Chino and BJ were getting there but needed to keep working although BJ making some shots and relaxing was a good sign. Buss is going to be in the rotation is what I gleaned from that as well as.

What did he mean when he said there will be no playing controversies in basketball - ever? I don't follow coach speak! Does he mean all of the players have and will have in perpetuity - allelujah! -
accepted their roles?

What did he mean when he said there will be no playing controversies in basketball - ever? I don't follow coach speak! Does he mean all of the players have and will have in perpetuity - allelujah! -
accepted their roles?

I'm not even sure it is fair to call it coach speak in place of JB speak, with his proclivity for sarcasm. Of course I admittedly haven't watched a lot of other coaches' pressers to know how much he differs.

I'm not even sure it is fair to call it coach speak in place of JB speak, with his proclivity for sarcasm. Of course I admittedly haven't watched a lot of other coaches' pressers to know how much he differs.
Maybe he's trying to tell the reporters that they better not ask questions that IMPLY there may be playing time or rotation issues.

He's sarcastically saying that he fully expects to be second guessed left and right about who gets minutes and why - because it happens every year.