I don’t get some of you people | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

I don’t get some of you people

Status
Not open for further replies.
People wonder why Jimmy trashes the media...The local media are the ones who sold out the team in the 1990s.

"The Post-Standard in Syracuse alleged the program was riddled with violations in a pair of stories that prompted an in-house and an NCAA investigation."

It was the Post-Herald that actually blew the whistle on the Cuse Basketball program and Jimmy has never forgotten. I am not saying that what Syracuse did in the 90's was not wrong or that even every other team was doing the same. I am just saying that Boeheim remembers who sold him out. He seems like the type to hold a grudge and never forget.
That’s like blacks holding a grudge against whites because their great-great-grandchildren were slaves. 1990 was a century ago.

That’s like blacks holding a grudge against whites because their great-great-grandchildren were slaves. 1990 was a century ago.
That's a bad analogy because, in fact, many do hold that grudge, sometimes bordering on hatred.

JB is as cantankerous as the university and community have enabled him to be. It ain't just his press conferences.

He does amazing things for Syracuse and I'm grateful. But curmudgeon is a fancy way of saying someone is a complete...

lol, cuz AG, AA, and GM have no player interaction

So when other people with first hand insider knowledge say the same thing, you going to jump on them like this.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. Hop was the Assistant Head Coach. And was there forever. People who know the behind the scenes have said exactly what I said here.

I'm sure our other assistants do everything they can to smooth over what JB says, but I have no idea if it is as effective. Which is one of the reasons that many (NOT ME) have said he seems more mellow in his pressers this year.

So when other people with first hand insider knowledge say the same thing, you going to jump on them like this.

I NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. Hop was the Assistant Head Coach. And was there forever. People who know the behind the scenes have said exactly what I said here.

I'm sure our other assistants do everything they can to smooth over what JB says, but I have no idea if it is as effective. Which is one of the reasons that many (NOT ME) have said he seems more mellow in his pressers this year.
yep and I've called them out on this, too (and if you think they have actual "inside" knowledge you're deluding yourself) - the premise that there's just some void now is preposterous - lazy, agenda-ridden narrative

That's a bad analogy because, in fact, many do hold that grudge, sometimes bordering on hatred.
The point being that the people who worked at the Post-Standard in 1990 are no longer there.

yep and I've called them out on this, too (and if you think they have actual "inside" knowledge you're deluding yourself) - the premise that there's just some void now is preposterous - lazy, agenda-ridden narrative

I'm not saying I had inside knowledge.

Oh forget it. I truly don't give a Frank.

The local media, specifically the Post Standard, went after him with the first NCAA trouble. IDK if that was a turning point, but it was a seminal moment in local media relations for JB.

I get a laugh out of some of you who want to attribute JB's boorishness toward the press to the 1990 investigation or to simply "getting old and cranky."

JB started as head coach in 1976 and he was an a-hole in this regard from Day 1. If anything, he was worse then. For the most part there were not segregated "media room" pressers at that time. JB would do his thing in the locker room. His "charm" really came through in spades there.

Btw, pointing this out is not the same as "calling for his firing." He's a jerk in this area of his job. Always has been. It's who and what he is.

lol Have you watched his pressers? He falls way short. And it isn't right. He is a bully.
Yeah its called PR... if I was asked to give a statement and take questions on behalf of my company and acted the way JB does? I would lose my job after the first session.

lol Have you watched his pressers? He falls way short. And it isn't right. He is a bully.

It's been bad forever but the past few years it's clearly out of control. I used to listen to every one after a game but now it's tough getting through them because of how he's been.

It's fascinating how polarizing he is for a Hall of Fame coach. It's nearly 50/50 sycophants and detractors in my advanced pooled analysis.

I don't think it's this extreme in real life. I think most level headed Syracuse fans are pro-JB but willing to acknowledge his flaws and mistakes like every coach has. I think on the internet and in this forum you have a dynamic where the overly sensitive sycophants react towards any perceived slight to JB and the overly sensitive detractors react towards praise and then it turns into a shat show that ends up dominating certain threads and drowns out reality.

I don't think it's this extreme in real life. I think most level headed Syracuse fans are pro-JB but willing to acknowledge his flaws and mistakes like every coach has. I think on the internet and in this forum you have a dynamic where the overly sensitive sycophants react towards any perceived slight to JB and the overly sensitive detractors react towards praise and then it turns into a shat show that ends up dominating certain threads and drowns out reality.
I think that is 100% accurate. Just the other day, I was compared to Townie because I defend jb's coaching. And yesterday I was chastised for being anti-jb because of what he said in his press conference.

I think that is 100% accurate. Just the other day, I was compared to Townie because I defend jb's coaching. And yesterday I was chastised for being anti-jb because of what he said in his press conference.

Cause you're this guy.
Conflict-of-interest-in-media.jpg

JB can be an ahole...sometimes.
But he’s also, and always has been, a winner.
You can hate how he acts, yet still acknowledge his coaching greatness.
The issue at question happens when the detractors can’t bring themselves to give him credit, because they can’t abide his demeanor.
And vice-versa, when the supporters try & dismiss his assholic tendencies.
With JB, you have to be mindful to stay in the middle, which in our polarized reality nowadays, is often hard to do.

No I disagree it’s mostly to the local Syracuse media. He acts different elsewhere.
Aside from the topic that shall not be mentioned, there were some really poorly thought-out redundant questions at yesterday's press conference after a good win. I am surprised he wasn't more sarcastic. Even I recognized that the defense pushed up on the shooters knowing they would rather give away two points than three. He was asked a variation of that question at least three times. He's also explained about a million times that the only way that this team will score is by driving the lane and getting fouled. I am a fan with next to no basketball playing experience and I was getting annoyed by the questions.

Because he no longer has Hop around to be the good cop. I think that's the main difference this year.
I don't get why people keep saying that. Did Hop have the patent on good cop. No one else is allowed to play that role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom