i don't know how to root for boeheim's army | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

i don't know how to root for boeheim's army

There's overthinking something and there's really overthinking something, and then there's this post.
That's a whole lot of navel-gazing over what seems to be a nice summer diversion for SU basketball fans. I hope you figure something out that leaves you at peace.
this will shock both of you but i'm not taking this stuff too seriously or losing sleep over it, i thought it was pretty clear that i'm not being all that serious

It's frustrating, but easy to root for them. I don't care how ugly it may be, and really just want these guys to win the money. They all bleed Orange, and gave us all a lot of entertainment. Some agony. Some are more beloved. But, they are all in the Cuse family.

I don't believe there's another team with the whole squad from the same school. May be wrong, as I haven't checked. Regardless, we have the best CBB family in all of the land. No other program has what we have. Just the loyalty, love of SU, and the family atmosphere. JB has built this, and it's time for Boeheim's Army to win this thing.

I'm beloving DaShonte Riley more and more mainly because of this tournament.

Remember, they've changed their game since their college days. Triche doesn't go into swoons of lost confidence . . . he's become the Iceman. Devo is still the guy everyone loves to hate (outside of Orange Country), but he's matured and he still is fearless driving to the hole. Southie is more reliable and Dash is the defensive presence so necessary for the Zone. Gillon gives them speed and another 3-pt. shooter, and all of them are shooting FTs much more reliably than we're used to seeing in the college version. The only ingredient I'm missing is Andy to bring even more pressure to the passing lanes and add another outside shooter.-VBOF

Remember, they've changed their game since their college days. Triche doesn't go into swoons of lost confidence . . . he's become the Iceman. Devo is still the guy everyone loves to hate (outside of Orange Country), but he's matured and he still is fearless driving to the hole. Southie is more reliable and Dash is the defensive presence so necessary for the Zone. Gillon gives them speed and another 3-pt. shooter, and all of them are shooting FTs much more reliably than we're used to seeing in the college version. The only ingredient I'm missing is Andy to bring even more pressure to the passing lanes and add another outside shooter.-VBOF

And Cooney brings the Shakey Potatoes ingredient. That one sequence yesterday where he had the ball and dribbled around the court like his hair was on fire while being chased by defenders until he coughed up the ball was classic Coon Dog. Where is Andy, too busy for some summer fun?

Last edited:
I have no pro teams, only Syracuse, so I follow Syracuse athletes wherever they go. I live near Denver. Do I root for the Broncos? No. I wait for the punts. I will watch WNBA if Sykes, Peterson or Alexandra are playing. I remember staying up late to watch the Greek team McNamara played with. I've attended D-League games. I also follow LAX, Rowing, X-Country and Track and Field when we have alumni competing. TBT is my fix during this summer. Can't wait for Football.

I have no pro teams, only Syracuse, so I follow Syracuse athletes wherever they go. I live near Denver. Do I root for the Broncos? No. I wait for the punts. I will watch WNBA if Sykes, Peterson or Alexandra are playing. I remember staying up late to watch the Greek team McNamara played with. I've attended D-League games. I also follow LAX, Rowing, X-Country and Track and Field when we have alumni competing. TBT is my fix during this summer. Can't wait for Football.
Tom and Doug are Orange alumni's and they run the Jags.

I have no pro teams, only Syracuse, so I follow Syracuse athletes wherever they go. I live near Denver. Do I root for the Broncos? No. I wait for the punts.
This is both the coolest and saddest thing I've heard in a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom