I expect a great effort tomorrow. | Syracusefan.com

I expect a great effort tomorrow.

kcsu

Living Legend
If JB still has the juice I expect Syracuse to play with the most energy and intensity that we have seen since last year's sweet 16 run. If not we can count on a very difficult year. Jim has always been at his best with his back to the wall. I expect us to beat UB going away.

If JB still has the juice I expect Syracuse to play with the most energy and intensity that we have seen since last year's sweet 16 run. If not we can count on a very difficult year. Jim has always been at his best with his back to the wall. I expect us to beat UB going away.
He needs to somehow get these kids believing in themselves. Sometimes it just takes reminding people what they're capable of. I don't for one minute buy into the idea that the coaches aren't teaching basketball skills in practice, or that there hasn't been any improvement in any of the players. I keep coming back to the idea that the problem is in their heads.

I agree they will show great effort and play with much greater intensity. I too think we'll grab the win but I do expect it to be pretty tight throughout. Buffalo is very good and plays really hard.

Cuse!

Talent-wise, we should win by 15-20.

Team-wise is a much larger concern. If this team plays with max effort like they did against OSU, we will be fine.

I hope so. Don't need to see or hear bandwagon UB fans around town. For every trueblue, there's probably 50 bandwagoners.

We’ll know how it will play out early on. Buffalo can actually score unlike ODU. Strangely enough ODU is 294 while SU is 295 in the country in FG made per game lol. If we are stuck in the low teens halfway through the 1H then we’re done.

Knowing Oats he’s going to play just like UConn. They are going to come after us and if they feel like it is working then it will be hyenas on the trail of a wounded animal. Last year Jayvon Graves (from LBJ’s H.S. in Akron ) came off the bench and really harassed Frank and HW. They will be woofing at us too. Carey and Frank are going to have to be very sound. No pushoffs, don’t get flustered, etc. Tyus too. Baby steps I know but it is what it is.

We’ll know how it will play out early on. Buffalo can actually score unlike ODU. Strangely enough ODU is 294 while SU is 295 in the country in FG made per game lol. If we are stuck in the low teens halfway through the 1H then we’re done.

Knowing Oats he’s going to play just like UConn. They are going to come after us and if they feel like it is working then it will be hyenas on the trail of a wounded animal. Last year Jayvon Graves (from LBJ’s H.S. in Akron ) came off the bench and really harassed Frank and HW. They will be woofing at us too. Carey and Frank are going to have to be very sound. No pushoffs, don’t get flustered, etc. Tyus too. Baby steps I know but it is what it is.

If you can’t score in the halfcourt...1)beat the defense down the floor. 2) Score off your defense.

Really wish we’d start leaking Battle out when these 3’a go up. You make them pay with easy hoops, they stop crashing the boards as hard and now you have an easier time holding them to one and done.

If you can’t score in the halfcourt...1)beat the defense down the floor. 2) Score off your defense.

Really wish we’d start leaking Battle out when these 3’a go up. You make them pay with easy hoops, they stop crashing the boards as hard and now you have an easier time holding them to one and done.

I hear ya. I don’t think we can beat many teams down the floor though.

If we win, do we lay claim to NY's College Team title belt(tm) again? I just want to win something...like in the past when we had a chance at winning the conference title(tournament) even when it wasnt the best season. This may have to do.

If we win, do we lay claim to NY's College Team title belt(tm) again? I just want to win something...like in the past when we had a chance at winning the conference title(tournament) even when it wasnt the best season. This may have to do.
I think that JB is going to have them ready. Not sure what has been going on but the guys have not been playing hard. No passion no hustle. If they dont respond tomorrow Jim has major issues. This one is all about Jims ability to motivate.

I think that JB is going to have them ready. Not sure what has been going on but the guys have not been playing hard. No passion no hustle. If they dont respond tomorrow Jim has major issues. This one is all about Jims ability to motivate.

They have been coming out in a malaise almost every game lately.

I think this team gives effort and haven’t seen anything to suggest otherwise.

I think the system hinders what they can do and really impacts the team’s energy. Get out and run and push some tempo and the team plays better. Of course, UB plays better at that pace so I expect JB to try grinding one out, hoping they don’t shoot well.

I’ve never doubted that the players try hard. It’s the execution, preparation and system that are failing them.

I’ve never doubted that the players try hard. It’s the execution, preparation and system that are failing them.

Can we add "playing for the NBA" to that list? Im not sure if I missed a ruling on that being I havent been around as much this season. I think a redirected focus could help this team.

At this point, I feel like I’m putting the game on my schedule as a chore. I don’t want to watch it, but I have to.

lol I think you just brilliantly illustrated the point I think TrueBlue25 was trying to make.

I may be on the wagon myself(it's made posting feel much more like a chore), but I'd recommend heavy drinking if watching the Cuse ever starts to feel like a chore!

I think you have to add lack of talent to that list. Some guys just are what they are at this point and no coach or system can change that.

We haven’t had the defensive nor rebounding effort we had last year yet. My favorite part last year was our effort.

I don't understand how this can be the issue.

The guy is a HOF coach. At the core, motivation is the backbone to everything. He knows that.

That said, if it is the issue, then his swan song is gonna be painful and ugly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom