I expect a great effort tomorrow. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

I expect a great effort tomorrow.

His swan song is already painful and ugly.
It can only get so ugly before the fanbase goes numb, especially if there's the sense that the coaches and administration have no plans to make changes. If we were to string back-to-back NIT seasons in the next couple years... and it has happened before... this board will become a ghost town. Fans will just stop caring like they did with football. The season ticket base will start shrinking below 18,000. I think if that happens JB will step down sooner than planned, and Buddy would then have an "out" to transfer to a school where he can play a bigger role and not be overmatched athletically.

If they dont respond tomorrow Jim has major issues. This one is all about Jims ability to motivate.
I look at it a little different, especially since the entire coaching staff has been together for a while now. Assuming they are still all on the same page, then it is all of their faults if the team doesn't respond to their coaching, not just JAB, although he is the captain of the ship. I'm still very optimistic that the team is going to look good tonight against a good opponent. The team has had some successes so far: The OSU win. Scoring 50 in the 2nd half vs Georgetown. Up 11 in the 2nd half vs ODU, blowing out a decent Northeastern team. I think Battle is sick of this and will be the catalyst for some great wins down the road.

If JB still has the juice I expect Syracuse to play with the most energy and intensity that we have seen since last year's sweet 16 run. If not we can count on a very difficult year. Jim has always been at his best with his back to the wall. I expect us to beat UB going away.

I have that same feeling and expectation. This team is far better than what we have seen this year in all games.

44cuse

It can only get so ugly before the fanbase goes numb, especially if there's the sense that the coaches and administration have no plans to make changes. If we were to string back-to-back NIT seasons in the next couple years... and it has happened before... this board will become a ghost town. Fans will just stop caring like they did with football. The season ticket base will start shrinking below 18,000. I think if that happens JB will step down sooner than planned, and Buddy would then have an "out" to transfer to a school where he can play a bigger role and not be overmatched athletically.

Answer my question about Buddy in the other thread.

His swan song is already painful and ugly.

It's been a rough month and a half... but we are coming off a sweet 16 birth last season...

It could certainly be a lot worse.

The issue right now is we're not playing like the team EVERYONE expected.

Maybe those expectations were a bit lofty for this group, but no one expected regression in form, hence the warning flags...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom